Couple more Alaska Pics

@euroguy You wouldn't believe me if I told you there was no rhubarb anywhere! I called and looked everywhere locally until I finally gave up. I tried Target, King Soopers, Sprouts, Natural Grocers, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods. They all say they plan to get it but it hasn't come in yet. I will do another round of calling next week and see if any of them have it in stock yet. I ended up making a savory Irish Potato Pie and a sweet Carmel Cream Pumpkin Pie. This week I also ventured to make a Cozy Coconut Pie and a Mascarpone Pistachio Pie. All have been amazing so far, but I really want to get my hands on some rhubarb. It's almost like now I want it so badly that I won't be able to find it anywhere. It's frustrating, but I haven't given up yet! 

@3Sisters 🤣 its like i cant have it so now i want it even more situation. 

It sounds like you have been a pie making machine, good thing im not near or i would be visiting regardless if invited or not 😋 

And to think I started this... to funny. Hopefully you can get some rhubarb soon to satisfy your fix

Edited by euroguy
  • Haha 1

@euroguy I almost feel desperate for rhubarb, like it's an exclusive item I need to get my hands on! You totally started all of this. Your description of the pie just made me want it so badly and now I can't have it. I refuse to buy it premade with strawberries too! That's also because of you. So now I want to make it, and I want to make it right! If you end up seeing it come out at a local grocer please let me know. Also, I have been too into pies lately. I don't think I want to stop either. Tis the season! 

@euroguy Wow, I noticed one of these links is from Sprouts! It's frozen, and I called and asked about "fresh" rhubarb. I'm going to go today and see if I can find it in the frozen section. That could be perfect. If your local store offers it, then my local store should have it in stock now too! I'm so excited, and yes, you are basically my rhubarb supplier. Who would have thought this would be my mission for the month? I'm currently on a mission entitled, The Rhubard Hunt: Mission Impossible. It's not even expensive! I need to get my hands on it today. 

• 1 month later...