Cruise Hive Boards

More canceled cruises

Just read my first (and probably last) celebrity cruise to the ABC Islands is canceled and the ship's (equinox) new home port is  cape  Canaveral.  Thanks for letting me read about it instead of contacting me directly.  The $200 obc doesn't really make up for it.  I think  celebrity just lost my future business.  BTW this is for 2024and 2025 cruises on this ship-all cancelled.

Edited by bucky0926
Spelling
  • Like 1

@bucky0926 That's really upsetting. I dislike it when cruise lines don't take the initiative to notify guests about changes. It's pretty inconsiderate. I appreciate you speaking up on this. Celebrity Cruises is a great cruise line, but it's not nice when cruise lines don't seem to value guests by not being transparent. Will the itinerary change be of interest to you? Maybe the cruise line would be able to offer you a better incentive to make up for this mistake.

Celebrival or Carnebrity, take your pick. Cruise companies can be defined by whose customers they're trying to steal.  Shorter Caribbean itineraries attract younger cruisers who need to blow-it-out in a week or less. These customers are typically less fussy and willing to spend more on board. Since most of the larger cruise lines seem to be involved in this race to the bottom we'll either learn to accept the change or trade up. 

• Like 1

@Seaawgs I agree with the short itinerary attraction. Usually, the younger generation is beginning their careers and is less flexible with the amount of time they can get away. It's true that the younger cruisers will usually spend more during their experience and enjoy the short amount of time they have to the fullest. Trading cruise lines based on your stage is appropriate. I think as people change, certain cruise lines may be more attractive than others. For instance, I now prefer a more family-oriented scene versus my previous attraction to CCL and RCL due to the late-night festivities. I think as I grow I will be willing to spend more to have a more intimate cruise experience.