2024 Royal Caribbean Hawaiian Cruise Itinerary

I am booked on The Quantum of the Seas April 19, 2024. One of our ports was supposed to be Lahaina. How is it possible to petition Royal Caribbean to schedule a stop at Kauai (whether at the actual port or to tender passenger guests to the island)? I certainly sympathize and my heart goes out to the residents of Maui. It is my understanding that it will take years to restore the island. With that said, I would like to book my flight but fear what the changes may be with the Quantum's ports of call. I certainly don't want to go the Victoria, BC or Seattle, WA--I've already done that with a previous cruise.  The April 19, 2024 cruise was advertised as a Hawaiian Island cruise and that is what I want my experience to be. Afterall, this is a once in a lifetime vacation for my husband, me and 2 family members--all of which are celebrating wedding anniversaries. April 2024 may seem a long way off--but it really isn't when you consider having to book flights and hotels for the deviation days we had planned. Thanks for any help you can provide and sincere thoughts & prayers for the people of Maui.

• Thanks 1

@Margie I would hold off on booking your flights to Maui. Kauai would be a nice alternative and I'm sure RCL is already considering how to pivot your itinerary to meet guest expectations. My heart also goes out to all those who were affected by this mass devastation. It was such an unexpected tragedy that will never be forgotten. I really hope you are able to still visit Hawaii on this cruise itinerary. I think many cruise lines are now beginning to restructure and strategize how to continue on their planned course of action without having to completely cancel the affected sailings. 

@Margie If you want the Hawaii experience maybe it's better to try again in a few years when everything has stabilized. You could always opt for canceling since you have time and rebooking to another dream destination. There are plenty of other cruise lines and celebratory destinations to choose from. Would your group be willing to postpone the trip and look for something else in that timeframe instead? 

@FJB That sounds about right. The area needs to continue receiving income from tourism. The last thing Hawaii needs right now is more financial devastation. If you have a cruise to Hawaii, I'm sure the cruise lines will try to pivot to another local port of call if they have to. There are other port options in Hawaii that should be accepting cruise passengers such as the Kauai cruise ship terminal and a couple in Oahu. Hopefully, the area is able to begin to recover from this horrid trauma. Unfortunately, it was truly mass devastation. 

• 2 weeks later...

@FJB Thanks for sharing this. It's such a struggle. Being considerate and mourning alongside Maui is one thing, but also respecting the needs of rebuilding and tourism income is another end of the pendulum. The economic state of Maui is extremely fragile right now. Now more than ever, the people of Maui need to begin rebuilding their homeland and livelihood. Cruise guests bring a lot of income to the area. As much as I feel devastated for the area, I also see the urgency to rebuild the area, returning it to a state of homeostasis. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 9:43 AM, Margie said:

I am booked on The Quantum of the Seas April 19, 2024. One of our ports was supposed to be Lahaina. How is it possible to petition Royal Caribbean to schedule a stop at Kauai (whether at the actual port or to tender passenger guests to the island)? I certainly sympathize and my heart goes out to the residents of Maui. It is my understanding that it will take years to restore the island. With that said, I would like to book my flight but fear what the changes may be with the Quantum's ports of call. I certainly don't want to go the Victoria, BC or Seattle, WA--I've already done that with a previous cruise.  The April 19, 2024 cruise was advertised as a Hawaiian Island cruise and that is what I want my experience to be. Afterall, this is a once in a lifetime vacation for my husband, me and 2 family members--all of which are celebrating wedding anniversaries. April 2024 may seem a long way off--but it really isn't when you consider having to book flights and hotels for the deviation days we had planned. Thanks for any help you can provide and sincere thoughts & prayers for the people of Maui.

I am in the exact same situation. My husband & I are booked on this cruise, too, for our 55th anniversary along with our son & his family. I understand Maui is in need of income, but we didn't book this as a charity/ mission trip. We are spending a LOT of money and are not interested in visiting a burned down town. I also don't see what the big deal is about cruising around the coast of Kauai.They should change the deportation at Lahaina for deportation on Kauai. 

Does anyone have updated information on this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Mommabear Congratulations on your 55th anniversary! Unfortunately, these Lahaina fires have put a damper on your cruise itinerary. I agree that the deportation at Lahaina could be swapped for Kauai for a better guest experience, but some other guests may feel in opposition to you. It really depends on the cruise line whether the port of call will be skipped or not. NCL should be resuming visitation to Lahaina, while some Princess Cruises' ships are holding off until 2024. https://www.cruisehive.com/norwegian-cruise-line-to-resume-calls-to-destination-hit-by-wildfires/109783

image.thumb.png.1271642eff3d018b9cf2120ce06ca279.png

• 4 weeks later...

Lahaina will NOT be a port for at least a few years. I’m on the April 19th cruise that others have referenced. I don’t know why RC continues to sell this cruise with Lahaina as a port when they clearly know it will NOT be a port. Sounds like a bit of false advertising to me. 

Edited by Debid
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

@Debid That's very interesting. I would hope if RCL is advertising the Lahaina stop that the ship will actually stop there. Why do you believe that RCL will not stop at Lahaina for at least a few years? It's hard for me to believe that to be true. Has your April 19th cruise itinerary been adjusted to reflect the skipped port of call? 

• 1 month later...

Regarding the April 19, 2024 cruise, we were notified a couple of weeks ago that we'd be unable to port in Lahaina, which is completely understandable. However, their remedy is to offer us an extra day in Kailua Kona. That means that our 10 day Hawaiian cruise consists of ONE port of call! That is totally unacceptable and I told them as much. If they can't offer Kauai as a port of call to make up for Maui, we should be entitled to a complete refund. We are spending a lot of money to go on a Hawaiian cruise, but as it is, it's totally not worth it and they aren't willing to make refund an option. Very disappointed in Royal Caribbean.

• Thanks 1

@Mommabear I'm very disappointed with this outcome too! This is very upsetting; I can't imagine how a 10-day Hawaiian cruise would be enticing with only one stop for the entirety of the itinerary. The point of choosing that itinerary was for the variety of Hawaain stops. Any other stop in Hawaii would be acceptable. I'm very curious why the line was unable to swing that. I doubt the complete refund option will become an option considering RCL's hefty nonrefundable deposits. A potential could be that RCL offers you an FCC, and you are able to use it to rebook another cruise of your choice. Would you consider rebooking on another itinerary and canceling your April 19th cruise if the line allowed? I would imagine most guests booked on this itinerary are pretty upset.

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas