Carnival Stock Owner ship fax # down??

23 hours ago, Mr.Bill said:

The 305 for the ownership fax documents....not working? Another fax #?

@Mr.Bill We just sent in a request for our upcoming Venezia cruise to get our OBC through this program.  We used the email approach (shareholders@carnival.com) with the required information and document showing ownership as an attachment.  Two days later we got confirmation that the OBC had been applied to our booking.  Easy, peasy!  You might go that route instead of the FAX process.

• Thanks 1

@RoadTravelled Thanks for this feedback! I'm not a Carnival stockholder, but I didn't realize you had to jump through hoops to get your OBC. This process should be simplified for shareholders! I also don't have a fax machine at home so that presents an extra problem. @Mr.Bill Hopefully the cruise line gets back to you before then! That's an elongated wait time for an email response to receive OBC. 

9 minutes ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@RoadTravelled Thanks for this feedback! I'm not a Carnival stockholder, but I didn't realize you had to jump through hoops to get your OBC. This process should be simplified for shareholders! I also don't have a fax machine at home so that presents an extra problem. @Mr.Bill Hopefully the cruise line gets back to you before then! That's an elongated wait time for an email response to receive OBC. 

@Kendall James-Vargas  Actually, the process is quite simple — a quick email and a couple of days later it's posted to your cruise.  The general rule of thumb is to wait until about 3-4 weeks prior to the cruise to send your request.  They prioritize it faster that way and it doesn't get lost.  We've never had a problem in getting this done.  The disclaimer about the 1-week prior response is just I think to manage expectations.  Hopefully @Mr.Bill will hear back soon as well.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise with your new found OBC!

• Like 1

@RoadTravelled Thanks for the tip! It makes sense that if you send the request too early, the cruise line won't prioritize the request. It seems like this isn't your first rodeo with CCL's shareholder OBC. Have you utilized the fax method in the past? The fax method likely has a quicker response time. Do you receive a larger OBC if you are higher up in the VIFP Club?

23 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@RoadTravelled Thanks for the tip! It makes sense that if you send the request too early, the cruise line won't prioritize the request. It seems like this isn't your first rodeo with CCL's shareholder OBC. Have you utilized the fax method in the past? The fax method likely has a quicker response time. Do you receive a larger OBC if you are higher up in the VIFP Club?

@Kendall James-Vargas    The OBC is determined simply based on the number of days of your cruise.  Click here to learn more about the details.  We've never used the FAX process.  Based on my long career in the corporate world, I shy away from that.  I know first-hand how those FAX's can sit unattended and pages getting lost in the process as paper is shuffled around the office.  The email approach is much more reliable and quicker and easier to track.  And, it seems that was exactly the experience of  @Mr.Bill  (see his updated post) as once he emailed he got approved in 2 days, just like we were.  It's a great benefit!  We've already recouped our initial investment back and the price appreciation of the stock is just continuing to make money.  Win-win!

• Like 1

We have never had an issue as a stockholder. We always email our most recent (monthly) report to our Carnival travel expert - and he is an expert! He handles everything necessary to get our OBC and sends us an email confirming it. I include a copy of the most recent report from my brokerage firm with me but have not had a need to use it.

• Like 1

@Tootie I'm glad you have had such a lovely experience with your travel expert! It's refreshing to hear positive feedback from the perspective of a stockholder. I love a good email confirmation! That's one thing I always recommend to cruise guests. Always bring documentation of everything onboard with you. I just used this to display I was missing a $50 onboard cruise credit. After seeing the documentation, the cruise line added it to my stateroom onboard.

He does the entire job once we decide on a specific cruise. And that is how he makes his $$$. We don't use him for menial things that we can do ourselves but he would do anything we request. The important thing to us and him is once you establish a relationship and let him handle the details, keep going back because he is the best and you are his priority. Reach him at bbell@carnival.com

• Like 1

@Tootie I love that! I feel confident enough to book my cruise itinerary without a travel agent, but all of the additional things can get tricky. Thanks for sharing his email! The next cruise I book with Carnival, I will surely use him and utilize all of his expertise. When working with someone that goes above and beyond, standing out amongst the rest of the robotic crowd, it's worthwhile to work directly with that person. It makes the experience exceptional, and has you coming back for more! One of my biggest pet peeves is when customer service agents do the bare minimum like reading the exact description of the website. I'm usually asking a particular question because I was unable to retrieve enough info online. To waste my time on hold for someone to tell me the info I already knew drives me crazy.

• 2 weeks later...