Magnets and movies

Theater set up is a bit "overboard". However the excuses Carnival comes up with for very sub-standard viewing options are ridiculous. Today's technologies and they feature TMC 1930's movies? Every once in a while 1950's is pretty lame. They have 3 channels feature "Shaq" (could do without) and paying him how much to be the ambassador of fun? Seriously how much is being paid to convince people that are already on a ship of fun to have fun? If they can feature movies to draw cruiser outside to the pool area, they can do the same for those who to prefer quiet, cool, relaxation without rudeness outside. The one cruiser that showed ingenuity should of been instructed a better way to position equipment. Hell, Carnival should be renting equipment if they can't do better than 90 to 100 year old entertainment. 23 channels, all of which could be commented on as being near worthless. But! Let's start restricting 99% percent of passengers that want magnets to improve their ability to have some comfort or individualism. Next subject will be limiting the paying cruiser to the one and only electrical outlet. Ridiculous Carnival!

REMOVE SHAQ AND SAVE US MONEY!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

@Robert Stanley First I will say, I'm a Shaq fan, especially since I saw him on Shark Week. 🤣

As for the overhead projector and cables and such...yep...that's too much.

I do agree on the in cabin "entertainment" system...kinda crappy on the ships I've been on and definitely slow and not intuitive. A lot of people will tell you you're on vacation you should be out and about but you know if you're going to be on the ship for a week, maybe more, it's nice to get out of the heat and just relax every now and again. Plus, it's your vacation, stay in the cabin the whole time if you want. 

We have a lot of our own favorite TV shows and movies on our personal devices we watch in the cabin, it would be nice to show them on the TV through an HDMI input, I've looked at the TV's in our cabins and most of them I couldn't see the back plus didn't want to get in trouble. There are very small projectors I suppose you could use like the Anker Nebula and I think Kodak makes some small ones also. So far...not worth the price for us.  

• Like 1

I read the post regarding the cruisers who used magnets and a projector etc... I must admit it was pretty clever however I can understand the safety issues.  I do hear what youre saying regarding it would be nice if CCL did upgrade or update TV shows but at the same time I personally can not recall one single cruise that I thought gee I want to go hang out in my cabin and watch xyz. (I can do that at home).  I'm in my mid 50's and always seem to find d things to do and and meet tons of people, meet up for cocktails, dancing, listening to live bands, shows etc... simply enjoying what the ship offers. Isn't that why most of us go on a cruise, no fuss enjoy life get out of our cocoons spread our wings and fly...lol yes everyone has the right to do as they please and don't mind that just kind of seems a bit counter productive to the whole cruise thing, but to each their own.

• Like 2

@Robert Stanley Way to speak your mind! The magnets are really a buzz kill.

@euroguy I agree; I'm not going on a cruise to watch TV. As you said, I can do this at home. I was to interact with others and be out of my staterooms having the time of my life around like-minded individuals. This is a PSA, if you are going on a cruise to watch television, it is much cheaper to do that in the comforts of your own home. You will also get many more channels at home too.

3 hours ago, Cruising Caribbean said:

@Robert Stanley Way to speak your mind! The magnets are really a buzz kill.

@euroguy I agree; I'm not going on a cruise to watch TV. As you said, I can do this at home. I was to interact with others and be out of my staterooms having the time of my life around like-minded individuals. This is a PSA, if you are going on a cruise to watch television, it is much cheaper to do that in the comforts of your own home. You will also get many more channels at home too.

But when I throw the candy wrappers on the floor and the potato chip crumbs drop between the cushions and I leave my half empty glass of adult beverage on the side table while watching a movie, my wife doesn’t clean it up at home. When on a cruise and this happens, it magically disappears while I’m eating dinner….

• Haha 1

@FJB It does magically disappear! I love that about cruising too. Since I am the wife that cleans up the floor in my house, I can very much relate to your wife. Cruising allows me to not have to constantly clean up after my large family and really relax. Although I'm not intentionally leaving a mess, the idea of just leaving my glass when I'm finished is such a luxury! The crumber is my all-time favorite tool. Whenever my girls make a mess from the bread in the MDR, the dining crew are like ninjas with that tool. My children have improvised and will help clean up their table mess with their version of a crumber, a popsicle stick.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruising Caribbean said:

@FJB It does magically disappear! I love that about cruising too. Since I am the wife that cleans up the floor in my house, I can very much relate to your wife. Cruising allows me to not have to constantly clean up after my large family and really relax. Although I'm not intentionally leaving a mess, the idea of just leaving my glass when I'm finished is such a luxury! The crumber is my all-time favorite tool. Whenever my girls make a mess from the bread in the MDR, the dining crew are like ninjas with that tool. My children have improvised and will help clean up their table mess with their version of a crumber, a popsicle stick.

Gotta love the crumber!  Is that what it is really called?  Never knew the name of it. 

It always amuses me whenever you go abroad on holiday and walk about and see holidaymakers sitting there watching TV. I understand if it's a live sports game, I would be there too however most TVs that are on are repeats of Friends and the amount of people sit there watching that still baffles me.

@FJB I love the crumber too! I'm pretty sure that's what it is called. I can guarantee you this isn't happening in my home. Sometimes I wish I had a dog to clean up the extra food mess off of the floor. One thing a dog couldn't do is pick up your candy wrappers.

@SpaceCowboy9Yes, I feel exactly the same! I don't mind an interior stateroom because I'm barely in it at all, and when I'm sleeping I love it dark so it's perfect. I enjoy the map channel and the lobby music. That's all I need!