Cruise Hive Boards

Current Princess article

Regarding your current article about Princess Plus and Premier, room service was always complimentary and Dine My Way has never required an activation charge. Ocean Now has always located you when ordering food or beverages through the app. We started cruising with Princess again post COVID on Majestic back in early 2022 and have always had these features. As well, we have always been able to access Green Lane for boarding. We are Canadian and are unable to have our medallions shipped to us because we are not American. For us and other non American passengers, that is a discriminatory policy.

• Like 1

Yes we have cruised with Princess for many years and ever since the medallion was introduced the OceanNow delivery, free room service etc were complimentary. So these are now supposed to be new ‘extra features’ of the Plus and Premier packages.  So everyone who does not drink alcohol or does not want to pay for the packages will be paying more.   Wonder what other ‘complimentary items’ will be next for Princess to charge non package passengers for?

• Thanks 1

@Louise Urbas I agree that the inability to get your medallions shipped is such a shame! This is such a lack of consistency on behalf of Princess Cruises. Why discriminate against Canadians? Does Princess Cruises even have a justifiable reason why it won't ship medallions to Canada? Canadian guests pay the same as guests from the United States.

@DaveUK This is an odd strategy for increasing higher-priced package bookings. Complimentary items sound like such a scam in this case. I love the idea of the OceanNow delivery option, but I don't think it should be that those who opt out are being charged more. That's not rational.

• 1 month later...

It’s not only Canada that don’t get their medallions shipped, I live in Australia and we have to also stay in the blue lane due to not getting your medallion shipped to home and like you we also pay top price including free shipping of the medallion if you have the drink package

• Like 1

@Rayk I see the value in not forgetting it at home, but as @Oldgirl50 mentioned, you are paying for the medallion's free shipping. It's not fair that the U.S. gets to utilize this system but Canadians don't get the medallion ahead of time like others. For the price medallion guests are paying, the services should be provided universally.