Cruise Hive Boards

Cruising from Adelaide, AU

January 2024 will be our first-time cruising Australia and New Zealand.  The Grand Princess will be leaving from the Port Adelaide Passenger Terminal.  We are arriving a couple of days early to get over jet lag.  Does anyone have a good recommendation for a hotel near Port Adelaide?  We're considering the Intercontinental, which is a 30+ minute drive.  

• Like 2

@Kristen Walter That's going to be such an epic cruise! I have yet to cruise to Australia and New Zealand, but I would really like to one day. I did a little digging to discover nice hotel options near Port Adelaide. I found the Quest Hotel to have the best reviews and be very close to the port. Check out their website and see it if looks suitable.  https://www.questapartments.com.au/properties/

@kefthecruiser I have definitely been to the Bahamas once too many to avoid extensive airfare. I agree that Australia and New Zealand would be a dream!

@Kristen Walter Will you be flying into the Adelaide International Airport? You should be getting particularly amazing weather in January ranging from the high 80s to the low 60s. Evening stargazing in the jacuzzi would be perfect in this climate! It would be a great choice if you could find a hotel that included an airport shuttle option. Possibly booking the Quest Port Adelaide could give you accessibility to walk everywhere and not have to spend an arm and a leg on taxi fare. Also, a hotel like that has studio and apartment options with more space to relax and unwind.

I have yet to cruise to Australia, but I'm always eager to read cruise reviews about these areas. Carnival's luxury line, Seabourn, would be my preferred cruise line, and I would prefer to book an itinerary that would explore the Great Barrie Reef! https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/countries/australia.html Seabourn's expedition itineraries just stand out to me amongst all the rest. The line actually just took the delivery of its second expedition ship, Seabourn Pursuit!