Passengers On Balcony Railing?!

On 7/25/2023 at 8:26 PM, 3Sisters said:

RCL cruise guests were spotted sitting on the balcony railing with their feet dangling over the edge. I'm terrified just looking at this photo. It appears to be one of Royal Caribbean's Radiance-class ships. These passengers are seemingly young adults or children. This is just so unsafe and not smart at all! Have you seen anything like this before off of your cruise balcony? I wouldn't dare! 

362278583_10218592178875730_6410820538981600310_n (1).jpg

With a six-year-old, that is a very scary view to see! Always important to make sure the kids are aware of the rules and not do anything stupid like that. 

6 hours ago, Emrys said:

With a six-year-old, that is a very scary view to see! Always important to make sure the kids are aware of the rules and not do anything stupid like that. 

If your 6yo is a boy - look out!  Boys tend to follow Outback’s motto - no rules, just right

• Sad 1

I agree it's important to let the children know it's not a safe thing to do, and make it aware to them the dangers behind something like that. But alternatively where were the parents. If this kid is like 6 years old, surely they would have been with him.

@FJB Yes, some children do follow similar thought processes. I really question if the parents laid any ground rules. Obviously, these children are risk-takers, but children's brains aren't fully developed yet. Children will make poor decisions. It's the job of the parents to remind them of the rules and protect their children. Without parental discipline, a child will feel free to do whatever they want whenever they want.

• 3 months later...

@J Swartz I do too! Can you imagine having the opportunity to capture this photo? There is no way I wouldn't be screaming at the top of my lungs to encourage them to get off their railing and save themselves. That's definitely the parent in me. I wonder how old these children are and what their motives were. I do not see the fun in deadly behavior. This is why I think children should be required to watch or view the potential dangers of cruise ships and how to avoid those circumstances. As a parent, I can't imagine how a child would rationally make this sort of decision at an age above ten. This is certainly a lesson of what not to do.