Cruise Hive Boards

Ms Vic

Big problem when I took the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska. I am a single senior disabled female. When making my reservation I was able to pick my room on the 14th fl. 5 days before the cruise I went to check in on line and realized that someone at Norwegian had changed my room from 14-407 a handicap room,  to a normal room right above the threater. I was so upset, but Norwegian wouldn't refund me my money. So as soon as I got on the ship, I went to quest services. They said that they had no handicap rooms available. I explained that I had the handicap room 14-407 picked, reserved and paid for. And I certainly wasn't going to the room that they dumped on me over the theater. Which when I was 21 I took a cruise and had that type of room.  Never got any sleep. Close to midnight they gave me a room on the 13th floor, but not a handicap room. Which when I went to take a shower, stepping up into the bathroom, the waves caught me unbalance and I fell back. Both my arms went out to try and catch myself. Which broke my fall, but totally bruised up my back inside arms. The next day, I went back to guest services and explained what happened and showed them the bruises on my arms.

The 3rd night they found a handicap room for me

So I had to repack, move, and unpack. Which is quite a bit when your handicap. Then having 3 whole days eaten up with constantly having to go to quest services. Finally on the 4th day of only a 7 day cruise, I felt like I got some rest.

So again I went back to guest services, asking for a credit or voucher credit to make up for the wasted days, damage, and problems that Norwegian caused. Everyday I went to quest services never getting a resolution. Yet the guy who moved rooms with me, got a free week (a letter to him was left on my door. Thinking it was for me I opened it, then realizing it was for the guy who moved).

I tried contacting several people at Norwegian, and it was just basically ignored. Except 1 person did offered me $100. I wrote back to them saying did she mean $1,000 or $100? Never got an answer back. My total costs was almost $3,000.

****  Does anyone know someone I can contact regarding this.???

Thanks V.

• Sad 1

@Victoria H. I'm so sorry you had to go through this! How was the cruise line able to do this last minute and leave you without an accessible stateroom? This is very unfair. I have heard about NCL doing this to one of its other guests before. I don't think it's fair that Norwegian Cruise Line is able to get away with treating customers this way. I highly recommend emailing customer service and the higher ups about this matter. You deserve reimbursement for the time you spent in the wrong room.