Cruise Hive Boards

As If Disney Cruise Line Wasn't Expensive Enough!

Disney Cruise Line recently upped its prices for some of its specialty restaurants. The cruise line isn't known to be affordable to begin with, but it definitely goes above and beyond for its guests, particularly the younger generations. For those that have splurged, is Disney Cruise Line really worth it, especially now with all of the price increases? Some say it really is that magical.

I think if you can afford to go on a Disney Cruise and eat at specialty restaurants, then the price increase isn't really a big deal. That's probably why the cruise line felt comfortable making this increase without any negative press. If I made it to a Disney Cruise, I highly doubt I would spend the extra to dine at a specialty restaurant. 

That is one way to look at it, however personally the price would put me off. I feel paying that amount to go on a Disney cruise is one thing, but to learn that the prices are going up onboard would infuriate me and out of principle, I'd refuse to go on the Disney ships. 

Disney Cruise Line is all about the experience and a magical one for sure. In comparison to other cruise lines, I think Disney Cruise Line guests are ready to spend whatever they need to, making their cruise vacation magical for them and their families. You see this in the Disney theme parks too. Guests will spend $12 on a Mickey ice cream sandwich and take photos of it because it makes them feel a certain way. Now with the new wearable device rolling out onboard Disney Fantasy, Disney Cruise Line guests are getting the ultimate hands-free vacation, adding to the magical experience the line provides to its guests.

Thank goodness my daughter wasn’t a big Disney fan because I don’t know we could have afforded a Disney Cruise!  We took her to Disney World when she was 4  and she was scared of all of the characters.  One and done! 

• Like 1

I have confirmed from a friend that just got back from a Disney cruise that it is indeed a magical cruise experience. So, she probably would be unphased by this specialty restaurant price increase. If anything, the onboard restaurants will be booked out because of how amazing the Disney Cruise Line experience is. I guess I need to get on one of these ships and see for myself. 

That's an interesting way to have a Disney+ membership, via a bank! I'm so curious about Disney World in Europe. Does it have the same four parks of Epcot, Animal Kingdom, MGM, and Magic Kingdom? 

@3Sistersif I'm honest, I don't remember much about the trip to EuroDisney as it was a good 22 years back. All I remember is that myself and my mates got food poisoning the night we were due to go into the park, so unfortunately we didn't do any rides as we were all feeling slightly under the weather. Even after all these years, that's all I seem to remember of the trip. 

I'm sure the whole European Disney park has changed and enhanced significantly since the last time you visited. That's awful! Did you get food poisoning from an outside food vendor? Roller coasters and a sour stomach just don't mix well. What a shame your experience ended up that way. Food poisoning is so awful; I got food poisoning while pregnant. That was the worst, hugging the toilet with a giant belly in the way at a hotel. I feel like every time my family gets a sour stomach is when we are traveling actually. Thankfully, this hasn't happened on a cruise to me before! 

It was our fault if I'm honest. We were away with our college and snuck out when we should have been in a safety meeting. And went to order a takeaway which we all managed to get poisoning through unhygienic preparation. This was before the health and safety aspect which exists today.