Cruise Hive Boards

MCS Duplex Yacht Club Suite

I just booked the duplex Yacht Club Suite for next April.  This is a surprise for my husband and special needs adult son. Does anyone have any pictures of these rooms? We have never been on MSC before, I'm hoping that the Yacht Club will be as nice as NCL'S Haven 2 bedroom Villa. Have so many questions and would appreciate any information. Thanks,🙂

• Thanks 1

@rindybar I have cruised on MSC Merviglia before and I can tell you that it is a lovely ship! The pastries are so fresh and out of this world. I definitely overdo it on the carbs when I cruise with MSC, but they are some of the best I have ever had. Although I haven't experienced MSC Yacht Club before, I truly wish I had the opportunity. This ship-within-a-ship experience is going to give you a whole new perspective on cruising. What ports of call will you be visiting? This stateroom looks incredible! 

@rindybar This is a great ship cruising out of an awesome port! MSC Cruises does have some delicious treats onboard, especially chocolate. Will this be your first time cruising with the line? MSC Cruises should be a very different experience than NCL. From the shows in the theatre to the food options, you will notice a difference, and I'm curious to read your feedback comparing the two experiences. 

🖐 yes this will be our first experience on MSC  Line. We have traveled on many NCL Ships in the past. The last being one of our favorites because we stayed in the 2 bedroom Haven.  The suite was large with 2 beautiful bathrooms and a dining area. We have also been on a couple of Carnival ships and one Royal Caribbean. I'm excited about this experience seeing that it is an European ship. I'm sure that we'll be eating in the Yacht Club dining room, because our son has Autism and  the smaller dining areas work out better for him.

• Like 1

@rindybar How very exciting you will be cruising with a new line. It's always nice to branch out and try new things. You never know when something will be better than expected! I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I believe the MSC Yacht Club dining room will not only be smaller, but less crowded in terms of guests and more space between tables. The MSC Yacht Club pool will also have that same benefit. Does the NCL Haven stateroom experience come with its own separate pool for its guests? 

@rindybar I appreciate the info. The NCL Haven experience does sound pretty amazing. I would love to be able to try both the MSC Yacht Club and NCL Haven to compare, but I will leave that to you! Embarkation and disembarkation should be a breeze with MSC Yacht Club's priority process. If you cruise to the private island, Ocean Cay, you will get a private golf cart shuttling you around the island and a private beach spot with cabanas. The line really outdid itself for the Yacht Club guests visiting Ocean Cay.

• Like 1

@rindybar Oh no, that's right! It's a bummer you will have to miss out on visiting Ocean Cay. At least it's going to be undergoing tons of enhancements. You will likely love the MSC Yacht Club experience, and then possibly rebook with the line, gaining an opportunity to stop there. You can't go wrong with Bermuda though. It's a classic port of call. I'm not sure if you have been before, but this link has some fun options to do while you are docked in Bermuda. https://www.cruisehive.com/essential-things-to-do-in-bermuda-on-a-cruise/26347

• Thanks 1

Hi again 3 Sisters,

Thanks for the link, I did read through it, as I mentioned before it won't hurt to take a look. Have you ever been to the Cystal Caves?  It looked like the inside had a paved walkway. Which is wonderful, don't want anyone to have a panic attack. 😅

• Thanks 1

@rindybar Wow, you have been to Bermuda so many times! You have much more experience than I do cruising to Bermuda. I have been to crystal caves and caverns in the past but never in there. I believe the last one I visited was in North Carolina. They are truly amazing, but as you mentioned, they are definitely not for someone who gets uneasy in small spaces! Is this one of your favorite things to do when you visit Bermuda?