Cruise Hive Boards

MCS Duplex Yacht Club Suite

I just booked the duplex Yacht Club Suite for next April.  This is a surprise for my husband and special needs adult son. Does anyone have any pictures of these rooms? We have never been on MSC before, I'm hoping that the Yacht Club will be as nice as NCL'S Haven 2 bedroom Villa. Have so many questions and would appreciate any information. Thanks,🙂

• Like 1

@rindybar I think I noticed this post in another thread, but I'm very excited for you to experience cruising MSC Yacht Club style. I'm not sure if there is a better way to cruise, and the experience looks unbeatable. The stateroom has to be amazing, but more importantly to me, it's the butler service and private pools and dining rooms that will make this experience better than any other! 

• Thanks 1

Yes , I  did post this in a earlier thread when I was just starting to consider MSC. At first I was a little hesitant because they don't offer two bedrooms like the NCL Haven's offer, I hope the loft will work. Looking forward to going on this Line.

• Thanks 1

@rindybar NCL Haven's staterooms seem to have a separation via a door, which will likely be the biggest difference between the two staterooms. I'm not sure if MSC Yacht Club offers a stateroom style with this feature but you could always do a joining room if that's something you are interested in. Based on this stateroom video, I would imagine you are going to be spending loads of time on that private balcony in the whirlpool! You can't top a private amenity like that! Do you enjoy ordering room service? In this type of stateroom, you will have plenty of space to enjoy the unlimited perks of breakfast in bed! 

• Like 1

@rindybarI think the balcony is going to be pretty large and spacious, especially if it can hold a whirlpool! I remember in the past MSC Yacht Club would include an unlimited beverage package. Is that still the case with your upcoming booking? The Top Sail Lounge will be a nice place to unwind and have a drink, especially if you have that unlimited beverage option. 

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas

@rindybar I'm so glad the MSC Yacht Club experience still includes those amenities. I doubt the offering is just in the Yacht Club areas. I would imagine at least your drink package will be active throughout the ship.

I just found that I am in fact correct that the Premium Extra Drink Package will be available to you throughout the ship. It will even work in the minibar in your stateroom too! Hopefully, you get the time to enjoy unlimited access to the thermal suites as well. https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/msc-yacht-club

The Premium Extra Drink Package encompasses the best of the best onboard! 

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking that MSC is a better price seeing that the gratuities are included with the drink package. However the rooms are much larger on NCL Haven we had a 2 bedroom Villa with 2 full bathrooms that had amazing showers,1with a huge soaking tub. But we did not have a whirlpool on the balcony.  We shall see. I am very excited. 

@rindybar I have noticed the MSC Cruises prices to be pretty reasonable across the board. The MSC Yacht Club experience is top-notch, so the prices you have to pay are very well worth it for the caliber of service and amenities you receive. I love that the drink package purchases include gratuities. It's just one less thing to worry about, and getting your drink is such a simplified system. I'm not sure if you utilized the bathroom tub much, but since I don't take baths the whirlpool on the balcony sounds much more attractive to me! It's a huge perk that you have unlimited and included access to your minibar fridge too! Unlimited access to easily accessible drinks and a private whirlpool, I don't foresee you leaving the stateroom much. 

• Like 1

You don't realize how true that is...😏 our son has Autism , even though he has been cruising with us for 20 years there are times he doesn't want to leave the room.  So this will make it very comfortable for us if this happens on this trip. Just the convenience of being able to have priority boarding and the YC experience is worth the price when traveling with someone with Autism.  That was why we sailed on NCL Haven's in the past for that " ship on a ship" experience. 

• Like 1

@rindybar Thanks for sharing insight on your family dynamics! I have three young children myself, I too view this style of stateroom to be more than ideal for safety and parental relaxation onboard. This is especially beneficial if your child/children want to nap. It's very nice to just be able to unwind in the peacefulness of your cabin. It can be very limiting being in such a small cabin for so long! Priority boarding is going to be such a huge bonus for you and your family! I'm certainly glad you are trying out this experience. The last two times I cruised with my family, we waited an hour to get through Port Miami security just for the fire alarm to go off and us to have to evacuate the facility back outside in the brutally hot sun for over an hour. After that, we had to again go through security, get our children swabbed, and then wait for the rapid test results before being able to complete the check-in process. Needless to say, it was about a 4-hour (or more) affair with 3 children 5 and under and it was painful.

@rindybar Things like this definitely do happen. It's just really bizarre it happened to me on two cruises in a row! I'm still going back to Port Miami next month, and I'm hopeful this won't happen to us again. The vacation was great after that! It just goes to show that priority embarkation and disembarkation can really be a worthwhile expense for some more than others. During that occurrence, I was second-guessing my choice not to have paid more for priority boarding! I'm glad your MSC Yacht Club experience will grant you the best possible experience onboard. 

• Like 1

@rindybar Yes I will be cruising with MSC Cruises! It's been my line of choice lately, but I have yet to experience MSC Yacht Club! I believe we just have an interior stateroom this time around. I'm totally fine with that though because I get so nervous with the littles and balcony. In the future, especially as my children get larger in size, I will need to reevaluate the room situation. 

I can understand you being nervous with the little ones and the balcony.  I would think they probably sleep in a little longer without any light coming in.  As I stated to mention in my past post, we use to cruise more often, since we started staying in  the Haven's we had to cut back on the frequency of our vacations. It's just not possible with the price difference . I will say once you do a Haven Suite ( 🤞MSC YC Suite) you don't want to go back. It's so nice to be pampered beyond your wildest dreams. I do have a question -.   I have heard that on MSC they do not supply you with hair conditioner . Is that true?

@rindybar I agree about everyone sleeping better in the interior staterooms! My spouse enjoys the interior rooms more for that very purpose. I think it's in part due to the fact that we stay up too late and want to sleep in as long as we can without our circadian rhythm awakening us. Thanks for sharing your new perspective on cruising. It sounds like quality over quantity, but the quality of cruising with those top-of-the-line options is so worth it in the end.

& I don't think that is correct about the conditioner. While cruising with MSC Yacht Club, you should receive all the bath products from conditioner and body wash to even robes!  

@rindybar MSC Yacht Club should certainly be providing you with conditioner, and if for whatever odd reason it isn't in your room, just ask your butler for it! The brand provided should be the MSC Spa brand, smelling delicious. Regular, non-spa brand body wash and shampoo are provided to all guests in the shower, but your experience will include top-of-the-line products. I hope you get the opportunity to spend time in the thermal suites!

• Like 1

Hi;

Thanks for the response, I thought that we would get shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in our bathrooms.  I have joined FB for MSC from NY. That's where I heard that, and other nasty things about the ship which is making me nervous. I guess some people are never satisfied. But when I hear the food is awful and the ship smells like sewerage I start to wonder was it one random sailing or an on going situation. Hope either way I'm not going until April so it will be all straightened out. 🤞

On 6/5/2023 at 6:13 PM, PaulB said:

I will take your word on that as any type of shopping is a pet hate of mine. Couldn't think of anything worse than walking around shops just looking at items. I can stay at the bar and relax instead .