Cruise Hive Boards

Sky Princess Itinerary Changes

@Emrys Thanks for the heads up! I would imagine guests onboard Sky Princess may be a bit disappointed, but Princess Cruises really did a good job at facilitating a comparable port of call. Stopping in Zeenrugge, Belgium will be a nice, but unexpected, shift. At least guests still get the opportunity to get off the ship and explore somewhere new. 

I agree, sometimes changes can be disappointing as you are looking forward to going on a certain port of call, but there are so many fantastic destinations about, I'm sure whichever stop they change will bring about a good day.

Honestly, Sky Princess is such a lovely ship, and even if guests had to miss a stop, I don't think it would ruin this overall cruise itinerary. Apparently, the Sky Suites onboard happen to have some of the largest balconies at sea featuring amazing views of the ocean. Sky Princess also has the only jazz theatre at sea. I'm not sure if that's still the case, but the ship definitely has all of the bells and whistles! 

I'm on her now with my husband. We've had notification yesterday that we will be going to Skagen tomorrow after all. To be fair though, these things happen. We're really enjoying the ship and all its facilities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Vic said:

I'm on her now with my husband. We've had notification yesterday that we will be going to Skagen tomorrow after all. To be fair though, these things happen. We're really enjoying the ship and all its facilities.

Hey @Vic, glad they added it back for you. They do indeed happen, and glad you're still enjoying! Here's the letter if anyone is interested:

20230531_104327.jpg

@Vic I hope you are enjoying your cruise! I'm glad you have such a positive attitude toward the itinerary updates. I love that Princess Cruises has done such an exceptional job at keeping guests informed and in the loop. It shows how much the line cares for its guests. The line values guests so much that it diligently tried so hard to get cruisers to Skagen after all. I'm glad you will be able to stop there! Let us know how the port of call was.

@CARDRIVERCAROL What was your preferred port of call if this clearly wasn't your favorite? I personally haven't been to Skagen, but I have heard good things. It's supposed to be a more quaint, smaller port of call. Were you able to do any sort of excursion while you were there? Why wouldn't you recommend this port of call? I would appreciate it if you could expand on this a bit more.