Snacks Onboard?

Have you ever brought snacks onboard a Carnival Cruise Line ship, and if so, what was the outcome? According to a recent Cruise Hive article I read, you can bring store-bought, pre-packaged food items onboard a cruise ship. I don't really understand the reasoning behind this since CCL is usually able to meet any dietary restriction, but I guess if you have children it's always nice to have a bribery snack. Is it common practice to bring snacks onboard a cruise ship with limitless amounts of food included in the fare? 

Other than formula for a baby or a few treats for a little one, I don't see the need to bring any snacks on board! The cruise lines offer such a wonderful variety of food onboard nowadays. I love that cruise ships are so accommodating to many dietary restrictions as well. It's very easy to be gluten-free, vegan, or even vegetarian on a cruise ship. Although, with all of the food offerings onboard, it's hard to stick to a diet! My best bet onboard a cruise ship is sticking to an eating regimen. I personally enjoy intermittent fasting. A schedule I typically follow while on a cruise vacation is breakfast around 8 am and finishing up eating dinner around 6 pm. This schedule allows me to fast for about 14 hours if I am calculating correctly. Limiting my sugar intake and being active when possible, like using the stairs, usually, has me sticking to my typical weight upon return from a week-long cruise itinerary. Does anyone else utilize this type of eating schedule? 

@FJB I guess it's always nice to have a familiar treat; although I think I have seen M&Ms sold onboard, the price certainly wouldn't compare. This sweet tooth could be taken care of if the cruise lines still offered little chocolate in the cabins! They were just alright, but I loved the gesture. Do you think we will ever see those stateroom treats make a comeback? I wonder if the guests staying in the onboard suites still get those little nuances. I guess they would have paid enough to deserve them anyhow.

11 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB I guess it's always nice to have a familiar treat; although I think I have seen M&Ms sold onboard, the price certainly wouldn't compare. This sweet tooth could be taken care of if the cruise lines still offered little chocolate in the cabins! They were just alright, but I loved the gesture. Do you think we will ever see those stateroom treats make a comeback? I wonder if the guests staying in the onboard suites still get those little nuances. I guess they would have paid enough to deserve them anyhow.

We still got the chocolates on the pillow on our last Celebrity cruise in February. 

• Thanks 1

@Seaawgs Do you usually bring bar snacks onboard your cruise? I have never considered such a thing! I guess it could be nice to have something to crunch on while getting ready with a drink in your stateroom. If you do bring bar snacks onboard, what snacks do you typically bring? Do you bring peanuts and pretzels, or do you make your own signature trail mix? I was traveling to visit friends up north this weekend and they made this amazing snack blend with popcorn oil peanuts and pretzels. It was delicious and addicting!