NCL. is the worst cruise line.

They are dishonest about all aspects of cruising.

They change ports and have no excursions for the new ports.

The captain said we have to cancel a stop because of bad weather but when you look at the weather report there is no problem.

They take laundry and say it will be done in 24 hours and it is not. 

They charge 149.00 for an aspirin.

They don’t sell it in the gift shop. They make you do a medical visit to get a simple aspirin.

Three days with no housekeeping.

they don’t answer calls for help.

This is the last NCL cruise I will ever go on.

Carnival has older ships but they care about their customers. 

• Thanks 1

@Bruce25 I have definitely seen similar reviews about Norwegian Cruise Line. I have read that the line's customer service has significantly declined. 

I didn't realize that aspirin cost you that much! Did you need to go to the onboard medical area during your itinerary? That's such a bummer you were left with such a hefty medical expense. Three days without housekeeping sounds crazy! What ended up happening with your housekeeping staff? Did you ask onboard?

I agree that Carnival Cruise Line isn't always perfect, but it does care about its customers. I'm so sad to hear you have had such a challenging experience with NCL. Was this your first time cruising with the line?

@Bruce25 Ouch, what a bummer. Seems the cruise lines are in a race to the bottom - who can do the least while maxing revenue. BTW - Carnival has a couple of recently new ships (Mardi Gras & Celebration) with one more (Jubilee) on the way, though they still have 2 Fantasy class ships. Let us know how your next cruise goes, or was this just a rant for the day?.

• Like 1

We've tapped on similar conversations before in regards to poor customer service. I'm sorry to hear of your experience onboard NCL, and as I've stated in the past, unfortunately this type of treatment is expected these days and is the norm. Price of things go up and service goes down. And we are just expected to accept this and be grateful. Even if NCL ended up apologising and gave a little refund, what good is that to anyone. You will still feel let down and your holiday ruined. Sad sad times.

@kefthecruiser I'm finding some more comic relief going on. I would think that another cruise line choice would likely meet @Bruce25's needs a bit better. NCL has been cutting back on everything lately. I don't think the prices are low enough for the quality of service everyone is talking about. Better to pay more for good standards and service. As you said, CCL has some pretty epic ships out there right now that you may enjoy.

That is certainly something that the top brass need to consider. To cheapen the service to save a couple of dollars or to spend to accumulate and strengthen their reputation. So it's a decision that needs to be addressed before they destroy the work they've built.

I couldn't agree more. Usually, poor service is really "cheaper" service. I immediately think of airlines as an example. I love flying on cheap airlines until a flight is canceled, then it's game over. You are stranded without a refund and stuck on hold (cue Spirit Airlines) for a couple of hours in the airport stranded trying to sort it all out. Some airlines I fly have great prices, I opt to backpack and not pay the extra $80 for one bag, and I take the risk. If that flight is delayed though, and I can't make my layover flight, I assume the responsibility that I have officially ruined the vacation. When it's an important trip, and you want hassle-free service, it's best to pay the extra amount to ensure your expectations are met. Set your expectations low if you are paying super low prices.