Cruise Hive Boards

Move over offer

We were booked on the Discovery Princess Alaska cruise departing May 21 from Seattle.  Three days before departure I received an email with this move over offer that would have given us the opportunity to change to another Alaska cruise over the next two years.  I answered yes I would be interested but never heard back from them.  I'm wondering now if that was a scam or real.  Anyone else get this offer and was it honored?

• Like 2

@Paulette This is super bizarre. Maybe the ship was overbooked, but I hope you followed up with the cruise line! You were supposed to depart yesterday, and I hope you didn't miss out on that opportunity. I'm curious to hear how it all turned out for any potential cruisers with Princess Cruises. This message was sent at the last minute if it was from the cruise line! Keep us posted on the outcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I agree that no more communication was followed up from the initial request. We are hearing more and more stories about overbooking and requests to move on. It shouldn't be much of a problem if you are flexible, however not many people I know would be happy to move once they have their heart set on that date for vacation.

@Paulette This sounds like a fluke incident. I really hope the cruise line makes up for this change in itinerary tenfold. What other itinerary options will Princess Cruises offer you? It was pretty trusting of you to be willing to switch out your itinerary. I hope the cruise line values that flexibility and makes it up in your next booking. Maybe cruise guests aren't as flexible as you were.