Cruise Hive Boards

How should I pack on an Alaska Cruise

My suitcase is overloaded in preparing for my Alaska cruise later this month. I have 2 sets of dress clothes, otherwise mostly jeans and tops.  I have a heavy jacket, a hooded sweatshirt, stocking cap and scarf, gloves, 2 pr of heavy winter shoes… in case one pr gets wet. Raincoat, umbrellas.  Leaving from Seattle, I anticipate warm weather to start. Packed short and long sleeve t shirts, sneakers. I feel I’m hauling everything but the kitchen sink! How chilly is it in the ship when the weather is cold. The washers are a nuisance, they take your money or tokens then they don’t work. How cold is it in Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka, and the Mendenhall glacier. I know I’m over thinking. Your wisdom is appreciated. 

• Like 1

The stocking cap, gloves, scarf, and winter shoes seem to be overkill but that’s just me. When we did Alaska in July it was mostly shorts and t-shirt weather. Can’t imagine late May would be that cold. 

• Like 1

@Peppermint Patty I have heard May in Alaska it's more rainy gear! I would say a rain jacket, maybe even those throw-away Panchos. I think they are sold at the dollar store. Anything water resistant, and possibly pack a small umbrella. It won't be too very cold. Take a look at Cruise Hive's Alaska packing tips.

Something like this could be helpful. https://www.cruisehive.com/what-to-pack-for-an-alaska-cruise-more-than-50-items/27968

• Like 1