10 hours ago, Cruising Caribbean said:

@FJB I too am curious how no internet access would be enforceable. I'm pretty certain all of this could be easily snuck on a friend's phone or swept under the rug. This guy is pretty skilled in the cyber world anyways; I'm sure he could figure out plenty of ways around this mandate. 

Exactly! 

• Like 1

@Kendall James-Vargas Just for clarity, he has not (yet) been convicted so it's not his punishment. 'No internet access' is one of the conditions of being out on bail. I agree with others on whether this be enforced. His custodian, his wife, has responsibility for monitoring his activities. If he violates any bond condition, he likely goes to jail (in Puerto Rico) to await trial.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I'm not finding any updates on this case. Sometimes cases like this take forever for a final verdict to come about. Let's just hope we don't see more situations like this come about. I'm already paranoid enough to look for hidden cameras now! 

I'm not sure if you agree, but the only vacation I truly feel relaxed on is a cruise. All other vacations have an element of coordinating a flight or catching a taxi. It's even a hassle at times to book a big place to stay with family because someone ends up doing all the cooking. I absolutely love the consistency of cruising. I can always expect a good time, unlimited everything, and not have to worry or rush anything during my time on board.  

Patience  - I looked around as well for updates, nothing obvious out there. I'm certain it's active and one day he will have his day in court. Among all the rights the accused have here in the USA is the presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law. (I'm not an attorney, I watch Law & Order. lol) The defense is given time to develop their case. I'd love to hear the defense, though I suspect this case will be plea bargained, which the judge needs to approve. Lynch mobs have been out of style for some time now. 

@PaulB I'm not sure about where you live, but security cameras blanket public areas around here - highways, streets, malls, stores, hallways, etc.. and yes, even cruise ships. Private areas like hotel rooms and bathrooms are of course off limits, which I think is your and @3Sisters concern, me too.

@3Sisters Yes cruising is my go-to to relax

Edited by kefthecruiser

@kefthecruiser If anyone finds updates please post them here. I'm also eager to see the final verdict on this upsetting bathroom setup fiasco. 

I found your "I watch Law & Order" statement hilarious! I'm glad lynch mobs have gone out of style, however, some felons may deserve such punishment after their horrifying acts come to light. I would just hope that after a crime like this gets publicity in the public eye, the perpetrator would choose to do good and change his/her ways. Maybe that's just hopeful thinking.