Cruise Hive Boards

MSC from NY

Hi, I'm considering sailing out of NY on MSC. Just curious on everyone's thoughts, experiences and opinions.  We been on many NCL cruises in the past the last one being a year ago on the Joy in a 2 bedroom Family Haven. That was amazing, but the prices this year are way to high. When I saw MSC Yacht Club I was hoping for that same kind of individual attention. We travel with our special needs adult son and the ship in a ship works out extremely well for him.

• Like 1

@rindybar I think cruising MSC Yacht Club is a great way to get a little more space for yourselves and experience the ship within a ship cruise style! I have been really wanting to cruise with the yacht club experience but I haven't been able to save up enough for my entire family. I definitely think you should give it a try. You even get a 24-hour personal butler! MSC Seashore has the largest Yacht Club in its fleet, but MSC Meraviglia (currently homeported in NY) also has a grand Yacht Club. I say go for it! You get so much more privacy from a private pool to a price main dining area. Did NCL offer that sort of experience?  

• Like 1

Last May we did travel in the NCL'S  Joy 2 Bedroom Haven. It was the most amazing experience that we could imagine. The entire trip we were catered to, however the price has almost doubled in the past year. 

When I saw that MSC had Yacht Club Suites I was intrigued,  we have never sailed with MSC . Maybe we will check it out. 

@rindybar Almost doubling is a significant increase! I honestly have noticed increases across the board. I love reading about this positive experience you had in Norwegian Cruise Line's Joy 2 Bedroom Haven. I haven't heard of this caliber of cruising for NCL so I'm impressed by this. Lately, I have noticed so many cruisers being upset by NCL and the lack of customer service due to cutbacks. I truly think the type of treatment you would receive in MSC Yacht Club would give you the same if not a better experience. How does the cost for MSC Yacht Club compare to Norwegian Cruise Line's Joy 2-Bedroom Haven?

• Like 1