Face masks

• 2 weeks later...

We chose this ship because we wanted all vaccinated and not masks. Now they are making us wear masks? We will have to cancel another year for our family cruise. We're not booked until end of June. Wondering if there's a possibility these rules will be gone by then. Also what's the latest we can cancel and get out money back this time.

On 12/22/2021 at 7:58 AM, TomLola said:

Just found out... Cruise, in March 2022,  REQUIRES mask except when eating....

Refunds only if 61 days prior to sailing, Lucky to have found out in advance ( been checking every week ).

NOT SAILING with masks !

I will sail only IF masks ARE required and only with fully vaccinated people!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New to this forum, and the masked/vaccinated topic caught my eye.. I can attest that cruising can be safely enjoyed if everyone (passengers and crew) are fully vaccinated, masked, tested DAILY, AND with limited numbers of passengers (maximum 190 passengers, actual 132 on my cruise).Sailed on 23 day Viking River cruise in Europe in August 2021 and successfully completed the cruise without a single positive case. I am scheduled for another Viking River cruise this summer (2022) because I feel safe with their strict safety and covid  protocols mentioned above -  they work in keeping us safe and healthy.. obviously this requires the cooperation by everyone to make it work..I would only add that if by summer of 2022 there is a recommendation of a 4th vaccine shot, I would only cruise if that would be included as part of the cruise requirement...

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...

I agree I went to Iceland and then second trip to Malta and Croatia in 2021. I felt completely safe from COVID with Viking protocols.  Unfortunately, Viking and rest of cruising industry has relaxed the protocols no daily testing  and no pre Boarding COVID test.  I am going on big ship RCL for a week in December will be interesting to see if the COVID. Level and passengers getting COVID resumes to high levels. I have had 5 COVID vaccines shots and wear mask in crowded  areas and airports but I can only hope they will be effective when eating and in large gathering areas since only a self administered antigen test is now needed to board NCL if unvaccinated.