Cruise Hive Boards

MSC World Europa Begins Mediterranean Itineraries

3Sisters

The advanced MSC World Europa is beginning its inaugural European cruise season, sailing the Mediterranean Sea all summer long. The most advanced ship in its fleet, MSC World Europa spent her maiden cruise season in the Middle East and will now kick off this summer's itineraries in Europe, bringing its modernized amenities to new environments. This LNG-powered ship has an onboard microbrewery and even an 11-deck dry slide, alongside the fleet's largest children's area. I think this is going to be an epic summer season for the ship, and guests are going to flock to the ship due to its superb amenities and itineraries that will visit some of the most well-known ports of call in Itlay from Genoa to Naples. Has anyone cruised onboard MSC World Europa yet? 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Genoa cruise port is actually the second-largest port in the Mediterranean! The city center is about 10-15 minutes from the port if you choose to walk, but there are lots of other ways to get around the area other than by foot. The area also offers funiculars that are cable cars. I have not been in a funicular before but they sound like a very pleasant way to explore Genoa. They apparently offer a great view at a reasonable price. 

Palazzo Ducale is a well-review museum located near the cruise port in Genoa, and not too far from the local Cathedral. Honestly, if I make it over there any time soon, all I will really want to do is try some of the local cuisines! The food options sound mouth-watering from traditional pizza to Ligurian and Piedmontese styles. I love exploring new foods, although I'm not sure if I deserve the title of a foodie. Italian is one of my favorite food groups. I love when cruise ships offer an Italian night onboard. I usually go for a yummy pasta dish! Taranto will be expecting a large number of cruise guests this year, and cruising throughout Itlay seems to be gaining popularity. This port will actually host an Italian Cruise Day 2023 in October.

Edited by 3Sisters