NCL shortens my 11th B2B by 1 day and there is a 1 day gap between 11th and 12 cruise now

Booked - 12 B2B cruise on Epic 1/5/2024 to 5/9/2024

NCL shortens my 11th cruise - 4/19 to 4/30/2024  by 1 day (now 4/19 to 4/29 only)

Still have the 12th cruise (4/30/2024 to 5/9/2024)

Q - is that still considered B2B cruises?

I  think  now we have to pack up and leave the ship on 4/29/2024 and re-board on 4/30  -  a huge inconvenience and head-ache!

None of the NCL department/personnel to which I direct my questions/request, reply to my questions/request, not my PCC, not reservation, not guest relation.....

I ask them if I can leave my belongings in my cabin and just leave the ship for 1 day......

(Technically it is no longer backtoback?   

and the ship is not cruising on 4/29/2024,       so

would there be any custom/immigration issues that would prevent the ship from letting us leave our belongings on the ship?

Anybody who has such experience or answers, please HELP!

• Thanks 1

Have no idea why they did that!    

From not doing anything to get us the same cabin for all 12 cruises, to not offering any help at all  (actually not even responding) for the b2b cruisers having to deal with the 1 day gap, to  

something fishy about the $40 reduction showing up on my 'vacation summary' just when the modified ( shortened) itinerary is showing up in the summary !!!

We are waiting for our PPC's reply if this $40 is the 10% price reduction NCL  promised  (if this is, it is a huge mistake!)

• Like 1

@avidcruiser This is a super odd circumstance, and NCL really needs to respond to you with some clarity and proper feedback. I don't understand why you weren't personally contacted about this change already actually. I'm assuming you will need to get off of Norwegian Epic for the entire day, maybe due to maintenance or a particular issue that needs to be addressed onboard. This means you will need to get a taxi and pack up all of your things and presumably go to a hotel for the evening, returning to the ship the following day. It's very unjust that Norwegian Cruise Line won't even respond to you about this matter. Hopefully, the price reduction is greater than $40 because the amount you will need to spend making up for this lost day onboard will likely triple/quadruple that. I'm thinking you will need to go through the immigration process again and won't be able to bypass any of this. What an unfortunate situation! Please share when you get your necessary feedback and get to the bottom of this! Your cruise is only 6 days out now, and less than a week to go.

Our cruises are for Jan 5,  2024 and  on, not this year.

They said we have to wait till we are on the ship next year to ask their customer service (front desk) to see if we can leave our belongings on the ship.

Our PCC said -  do not know why  $40 reduction for the modified 4/19/2024 cruise, but emphasized the 10% price reduction will only be applied within 30 business days. If after 30 business days the 10% reduction is not applied then she will escalate the matter. 

If they won't let us leave our belongings on the ship we will probably cancel the last cruise (4/30/2024 to 5/9/2024) and end the cruise on 4/29/2024

Thank you for your kind words and understanding. 

• Like 1

@avidcruiser I'm glad you have some time to solve this matter! Maybe the customer service onboard Norwegian Epic will allow you to leave your things onboard at an alternate spot, such as the luggage storage area, if there is some sort of room maintenance occurring. It seems like you should have all of these issues resolved and hopefully, this back-to-back cruise itinerary is still enjoyable despite this unexpected setback. I really hope Norwegian Cruise Line is accommodating and more responsive here. Will this be your first time cruising onboard Norwegian Epic

Thank you for your kind words and well wishes.

I don't think I can resolve this happily without NCL  giving me their words in writing way before the sailing (help or no help from NCL?), so I can decide whether to end it there or deal with the set-back (1 day gap) by booking a hotel room in advance for that night, possibly lugging our luggage out of the ship for1 day, lugging them to the hotel, lugging them back to the ship the next day.....get/do everything at our own expenses.......

As of now, all they said was -  wait till we are on the ship (on 1/5/2024) to ask the front desk if we can leave our belonging on the ship.....by then we would have to have made our decision to stay for the 12th cruise or not, and we would have to have  booked the return flight accordingly.........

Well,  this is lesson learned about B2B's pitfalls/issues.........

It sure is NOT 'smooth sailing'

This is the first time we will be on N. Epic. I have done plenty researches on the ship and am prepared for it, the good and the not so good.

• Like 1

@avidcruiser I think I would feel the same way! In fact, I think that NCL should give you some sort of formative information in writing to make you feel more confident about your upcoming cruise. I don't like that Norwegian Cruise Line is making you wait until you onboard the cruise ship to resolve this issue. Maybe try again to escalate the question and see if you can get a more solid answer than stressing to figure it out amidst your relaxing vacation. I'm glad you feel confident in the ship and your ability to have a great time! I really hope this glitch in your back-to-back itinerary can be smoothed out beforehand. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable waiting until being on the ship to sort it all out. There has to be a reason for the lag-day adjustment!

@avidcruiser NCL recently canceled one of its February 2025 transatlantic voyages onboard Norwegian Breakaway. The itinerary change occurred because the location changed for its dry dock for maintenance. The upgrades for Norwegian Breakaway will take place at an alternate location, and although it's a bummer that the itinerary is canceled, the ship is going to be so lovely upon its return to passenger cruising! NCL did a really good job at properly compensating its affected guests this time around. At least the cruise line announced this cancellation 22 months before embarkation, unlike some other cruise lines lately.