Cruise Hive Boards

MSC Seaview Cancelled Sailing

Alastair

@Alastair I'm so disappointed about your MSC Seaview cruise cancellation! I certainly want to hear more details about how this all unfolded. MSC Cruises didn't notify you of this issue until the date of embarkation? I really hope that MSC Cruises notified you earlier than that! I'm assuming this cancellation fell under the extended shipyard stay for the ship. https://www.cruisehive.com/cruises-cancelled-unexpectedly-for-msc-cruise-ship/98045

Did the airline offer you any sort of credit due to this cruise cancellation? Oftentimes, if you provide documentation, airlines will offer a future flight credit towards your next flight. I truly hope you can at least receive that towards your next MSC Cruises itinerary. 

Our cruise that was to set sail on 4/22/23 was cancelled by MSC.  We received the email on 3/28/23.  We had tours planned and had put a lot of time into planning this trip.  We looked at rescheduling to have same itinerary, but the air fare has gotten outrageous.  We decided to keep our flights and travel Spain and southern France.  It will be wonderful, but I don't see us ever booking through MSC again.

• Thanks 1

We were given just about two weeks notice. MSC have never been great for customer service but we chose this cruise just for a short break as the ship looked beautiful and the itinerary great. They are not interested in the loss of money for our flights. Really poor on their part. 

• Sad 1

@Jriley Flights to Europe are certainly expensive! It probably was a better rate booking ahead of time. I'm so bummed that MSC Cruises only notified its guests about the extended dry dock about 2 weeks in advance. I'm assuming they didn't realize how long it would take until it was already having its work done, but this extension surely ruined a lot of travel plans. I hope you had a nice time in Spain and France. I applaud you for making the best of your circumstance! 

@AlastairI'm not surprised that MSC Cruises chose not to refund guests' flights, but it's a huge disappointment due to the loss! Did the cruise line offer another itinerary or a greater cruise credit for a future cruise itinerary? This mishap really gave guests a bad taste in their mouths. Hopefully, MSC Cruises learns from this and does better next time! 

Just to let you know, we’re in Edinburgh, Scotland. MSC are becoming very well known for letting customers in Europe down. We’re actually having a week in the Canary Islands in Lanzarote next week, Just to chill. Still miss the thought of visiting a few of the ports in the Mediterranean that we haven’t visited. We had lunch in Milan and dinner in Genova planned for our first day. 😥

• Sad 1

@Alastair I'm saddened that MSC Cruises is disappointing its guests by shifting around itineraries and canceling them without enough notice. I have had some excellent experiences with the cruise line, so hearing it from this perspective is upsetting. You are really taking advantage of being in such amazing locations by traveling throughout Scotland and then moving to the Canary Islands. I agree that traveling to Milan and Genova via cruise ship would have been so amazing. I haven't visited either of those ports before, but they are dream ports of call for me. Did you receive a full refund from the cruise line?