Cruise Hive Boards

Chocolate at Sea

Best Chocolate at Sea  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is the best chocolate you have had on a cruise?

• Carnival Cruise Line's Chocolate Melting Cake
    • Holland America Line's Chocolate Parades
    • Princess Cruises' Chocolate Journeys Experience
    • MSC Cruises' Venchi Chocolates
    • Royal Caribbean's Chocolate Covered Strawberries
    • Disney Cruise Line's Graycliff Chocolatier

For all chocolate lovers, I'm curious what is the best chocolate you have had on a cruise ship? Cruise lines are so innovative with their treat selections from sugar factories to chocolatiers. I personally prefer chocolate over candy and have been very "wowed" by MSC Cruises' Venchi Chocolates at sea. What are some of your favorite chocolates at sea? 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always love a good chocolate-covered strawberry! I have enjoyed Royal Caribbean's chocolate strawberries before, but I'm really a fan of any. My favorite way to enjoy them is in my stateroom. Sometimes I order them to be in the stateroom as soon as I arrive and it's really such a special treat! Does anyone else enjoy this? 

I noticed that Carnival Cruise Line is giving guests a "sour taste" in their mouths as Fun Shop Treats prices become further inflated. Prices for chocolate-covered strawberries, cakes, and cookies have gone up. I feel like CCL keeps raising certain prices and trying to do it under the radar, hoping guests don't notice. This tactic isn't working because everyone is starting to take notice of all of the minute price changes that the cruise line is making to recoup its losses. It's a bummer because CCL has some pretty scrumptious treats. 

Most cruise lines offer chocolate-covered strawberries as they are a very popular treat! One thing I love is when a cruise ship has a chocolatier onboard that actively makes sweet treats daily. I love the visible areas that are designed for guests to view, and at the Venchi chocolate shops onboard MSC Cruises, you can actually make your own chocolate bar! It's as fresh as can be when the treats are made onboard before guests' eyes.

Princess Cruises is known to have some pretty delicious gelato! All of the ingredients used in the line's gelato are made with only Italian-certified ingredients, making their gelato at sea pretty authentic. I personally prefer gelato over ice cream. Princess Cruises also added Tyra Banks' SMiZE Cream fleetwide more recently. It sounds like a pretty awesome treat! Has anyone tried SMiZE Cream before? 

Disney Cruise Line is rolling out some pretty delicious-looking anniversary treats for its cruise guests! These festive and delicious sweets will make their way onboard next month, celebrating the cruise line's 25th year in service. From a vanilla crispy rice treat to a special edition cupcake, these delicacies look mouthwatering. 

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas

Not only do these Disney anniversary treats look amazing but I'm sure they taste amazing too. I have never been upset with a Disney sweet. Cruising to the Caribbean out of Florida gives me some great advantages, one of them being the proximity to Disney World and all of Orlando's awesome amenities. The Jubilee at Sea cocktail sounds so refreshing, another highlight of Disney Cruise Line's 25th anniversary! Cheers to the cruise line for a very successful year ahead.