Curling Irons??

I'm guessing the logic is a curling iron can overheat and start a fire. Cruise lines are very sensitive to preventing onboard fires. Their ships, their rules. (Not saying I agree, but then I don't use curling irons.) One could speculate that perhaps they want you to use the spa ($$$) to have your hair styled, but now I'm just being cynical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kris Smith I saw the article you are referring to about fans being banned on board Norwegian Cruise Line ships. I think it's all a matter of safety. Anything that could be potentially hazardous is a deal breaker. My husband pays way too much money to get his shirts pressed onboard because he can't bring an iron along. I would say this is a great time to try some heatless wave action. They aren't the most beautiful or comfortable thing to wear before bed, but they can get the job done. 

@Kris Smith I hope you are able to find another solution to style your hair onboard your upcoming NCL cruise. When do plan to embark on your next cruise vacation? Here are some good tips for packing to ensure you are bringing the important stuff while still following the particular guidelines per each cruise line. Cruise Hive stays pretty on top of the latest cruise guidelines so keep an eye out on the page for new info. 

An article was released yesterday adding clarification to Norwegian Cruise Line's fan usage guidelines. Apparently, NCL will permit small fans onboard but are subject to a security check. 

• Like 1

@Bobh002 Wow, I didn't realize the Norwegian Cruise Line actually allows curling irons, most cruise lines don't! Most cruise lines prohibit them as they are a fire hazard. This is great news for @Kris Smith! The cruise line does, however, prohibit clothing irons. I was also intrigued by NCL's smoking policy, which prohibits smoking on balconies. There are designated areas on the ship for smoking regular and electronic cigarettes, but I didn't realize balcony usage was banned. From the perspective of a nonsmoker, I would rather smoke take place on the balconies than in more public areas on the ship. That would help with isolating the secondhand smoke.