Spring Break Traffic

It's to be anticipated, but Carnival Cruise Line is letting guests know that spring break cruising out of Galveston, Texas is going to be pretty busy. In fact, the heavy traffic may have some serious implications for cruise guests. There is actually a major road closure on top of the holiday traffic. For those adventurous cruise guests enjoying the good life at sea in the coming weeks, make sure you plan to arrange your travel plans with time to spare. I believe the motto "better early than late" really rings true for cruising during peak season. You definitely wouldn't want to miss your cruise! 

On 3/24/2023 at 3:45 PM, Cruising Caribbean said:

It's to be anticipated, but Carnival Cruise Line is letting guests know that spring break cruising out of Galveston, Texas is going to be pretty busy. In fact, the heavy traffic may have some serious implications for cruise guests. There is actually a major road closure on top of the holiday traffic. For those adventurous cruise guests enjoying the good life at sea in the coming weeks, make sure you plan to arrange your travel plans with time to spare. I believe the motto "better early than late" really rings true for cruising during peak season. You definitely wouldn't want to miss your cruise! 

My wife and I just returned from a 6 day Carnival Cruise on the Dream Cruise ship that left from Galveston and returned on March 25th. With stops in Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozemel, we had no issues while on the cruise or stops.  Living in Arkansas, we drove to Galveston to board.  Other than the normal Houston traffic, we didn't experience any more traffic slow downs than any other drive to and from.  Check ahead regarding traffic updates, weather, temperature, etc before your drive is the best advice I could recommend. 

• Like 1

@Todd Thanks for sharing this information! I'm so glad that the traffic in Galveston, Texas wasn't anything too heavy. Your cruise was even during spring break, usually even more crowded so this is really good news. Arkansas to Galveston is a pretty long ride, but it sounds like it was well worth it! I'm sure Huston always has traffic near the city and more populated areas. I completely agree that checking all of this information before your travel is so important. One of the things that many cruisers are starting to worry about is the 5,000-mile-wide sargassum bloom. I'm not sure it made much of a shoreline presence yet, but did you see any excess seaweed during this Carnival Dream itinerary?