Burrowing owls are occasional visitors to RC ships, especially to central park on the Oasis Class ships. On one sailing in January 2022 I noticed an owl in central park perched above the Tiffany's sign. One of the ship's horticulturalists explained the owl had been on board for a while, that the horticulturalists were monitoring the owl. On a sailing in January 2023-- on the same ship, I asked the same horticulturalists how long the owl was in Central Park. He said it Was on for several months before it left. The horticulturalist did say that there was an Eagle in Central Park for a week.

• Thanks 1

@Cruiser99girl I didn't know this was a common occurrence! I also had no idea that Royal Caribbean ships have horticulturalists onboard. I find that to be so interesting. It seems like ships aren't particularly keen on removing owls from the premise unless it's a potential risk to the animal or guests. I'm even more surprised that an eagle was living on board in Central Park for a week! Since I haven't been on an Oasis Class ship, I was researching the Central Park design onboard. It seems like the Harmony of the Seas Central Park area takes some serious maintenance. https://www.cruisehive.com/harmony-of-the-seas-central-park-maintained/13788

@Cruiser99girl That's pretty awesome you were able to meet a horticulturalist onboard a Royal Caribbean Line ship! I wonder if the owl was provided with specialty foods onboard to sustain its existence. 

"Owlcatraz" was the best thing I have heard all day. I don't know if the owl deserves that sort of punishment but "owl" never really know.