Cruise Hive Boards

Princess' New Coffee Package

ombud

Despite the recent article: https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-adds-new-package-option-for-passengers/95184 not all Princess ships are accepting / selling / aware of this new pkg. Personally I want the pkg because I don't drink more than maybe 1 glass of wine. I'm primarily a coffee, tea, water drinker. Would like the pkg but it's not there

• Thanks 1

@ombud It's interesting not all Princess Cruises' ships are accepting this new package. Were you recently on a Princess Cruises itinerary that denied this package option? I'm curious if you contact the cruise line, if it could be added to your cruise experience. If you choose to add it to your booking, make sure you do it at least 4 days prior to embarkation. It can also be purchased onboard. 

Edited by Cruising Caribbean

Yes. And I've asked to have it added to my next one & been denied. Have you experienced anything different? Which ship?

I'm on the Royal Princess in 6 weeks so will try again

Edited by ombud
  • Thanks 1

@ombud That's so bizarre! It's public knowledge that Princes Cruises is offering its new beverage package so the representatives should be able to add it to your booking. That's particularly strange. Royal Princess sounds amazing! Where will you be visiting on your itinerary? Hopefully, you are at least able to add it once onboard! 

I'm having the same problem on the Diamond Princess for an April cruise in Japan. Coffee package was nowhere to be found on their website so I called Princess direct and they said there wasn't a coffee package. I don't drink alcohol so coffee (good, fancy coffees, not the swill out of the giant urns) is my guilty pleasure. Plus,  it's an 18 day cruise! I'm so unhappy.🥺

@Sheri J & @ombud I'm bummed you are both having such difficulty adding those new package offerings. It doesn't make sense that Princess Cruises released the new beverage package option but isn't allowing guests to pre-purchase it. I would keep trying because maybe the representatives aren't fully aware of the option yet. I have experienced this in the past, where representatives are misinformed or delayed in being informed on new information. Sending an email may be another good approach to take. Keep me posted. 

• Like 1

@ombud I'm bummed for you! I also don't enjoy soda so this wouldn't be the optimal package for me either. I guess pay-as-you-go will be the best solution until the cruise line notifies you otherwise. Royal Princess will be a great cruise regardless. Have you cruised on this ship before? You still have a couple of weeks left before your upcoming Princess Cruises sailing, so try and remain hopeful! 

• Like 1