Cruise Hive Boards

Balmoral sails into force 11 gale as forecasted

I have sent emails and telephoned as many senior staff at Fred Olson in respect of the Balmoral Incident. 

I am still baffled as to why with prior knowledge of the storm in the North Sea. They got dragged off their mooring by tugs.  Against the already excessive Strong winds. To then to be tossed around like a cork. Injuring many passengers. And to add insult to injury. DID NOT take passengers to hospital on arrival in port. 

I still await a reply to my emails and telephone calls. 

there should be someone who can stop this sort of thing happening. I would also like to find someone to take this case to Fred Olsen 

111F3427-42BD-45C8-BFD0-11A334A02BBA.jpeg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Martins That is such a crazy experience! I can't believe many were injured due to this Balmoral incident. What exactly happened on this Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines sailing? Is this the instance you are referring to? https://www.cruisehive.com/cabins-damaged-after-cruise-ship-experiences-severe-storm/88287 In this report, it seems like the crew tired their very best to ensure the safety of everyone, but I guess it was impossible to do that during this awful Balmoral storm incident.

@kefthecruiser It seems @Martins was impacted in some way by this Balmoral incident. From an avid cruiser's perspective, it's quite alarming that this sort of situation occurred because there was potential for it to have been avoided! I agree that the cruise line is surely still recovering from this incident, and we would hope Fred Olsen is handling it appropriately. Mistakes do occur, but this should be a learning lesson for the cruise line. 

In other news, Fred Olsen recently removed basically all of its pandemic-related cruising requirements