Cruise Hive Boards

My Award Winning Ship!

FJB

Looks like I picked a winner - going on the Millennium in a week!

This year, Forbes Travel Guide, the global rating authority for luxury hotels and resorts, spas, and restaurants, expanded its reviews to include ocean cruise ships for the first time. Celebrity Cruises is the only cruise line to have its ships listed in the prestigious Forbes Star Awards. 

Ships honored with the award are the 3,405-guest, 130,818 gross ton Celebrity Apex, and the 2,908-guest, 129,500 gross ton Celebrity Edge, both Edge Class vessels; two Millennium Class ships, the 2,138-guest, 90,963 gross ton Celebrity Millennium, and the 2,158-guest, 90,940 gross ton Celebrity Summit; and one of the line’s Galapagos vessels, the 100-guest, 5,592 gross ton Celebrity Flora.

https://www.cruisehive.com/celebrity-cruises-becomes-first-line-to-earn-coveted-award/94576

@FJB This is such exciting news! Thanks for sharing the link. I'm sure you are very proud of this monumental achievement for Celebrity Cruises. It seems very well-deserved. It's also very impressive that Celebrity Cruises was awarded for three different classes of ships. This news deserves some celebration! 

I was reading some history of the cruise line, and I noticed it was founded in Greece and is a wholly owned subsidiary for Royal Caribbean Group. It has been a strong cruise company for quite some time, and it is truly make big waves in setting industry standards!

@FJB Celebrity Cruises should be so very proud of this achievement! Forbes Travel Guide knows what it's talking about, and this Forbes Five Star award achievement is most definitely one for the books. I didn't know that the cruise line's ship, Celebrity Flora, cruised to the Galapagos. I have wanted to visit this area in the past, but I have always found lodging way too expensive. Cruising to the Galapagos with Celebrity Flora could be perfect. Have you done this cruise before? 

Also, that's amazing you have cruised with Celebrity Cruises since 1996. I can't imagine how things have evolved since. 

Being retired certainly has its perks but the downside is the struggle to remain healthy! If you properly budget for it, cruising can be for any age group. It may take a few years of saving to get there, but you most certainly could do it. The demand and cost of cruising have gone up, so it's taking more time for me to save for a cruise nowadays! I eat out less and cook more at home, which actually makes all of the prepared food on the cruise much more appreciated. 

Edited by 3Sisters

On 2/27/2023 at 11:27 AM, Cruising Caribbean said:

@FJB Enjoy your cruise! Those poolside drinks look delicious. You are on Celebrity Flora right now? I hope you get to explore some amazing places. Please share your cruise review afterwards. I'm interested to hear all about your time.

Just returned home after a week on the Celebrity Millennium.  A great experience overall - will try to report more details later, but now it is time to go thru the mail and get a debrief from the employees and make sure my business is still standing!   

• Thanks 1

@FJB Wow, Celebrity Millennium is undoubtedly a beauty! I love the clear skies surrounding the ship. Which port of call was this? It's wild I don't see many cruise guests walking to and from the ship. This is a great shot! I would also love to hear about your recent cruise. I'm sure you have lots of catching up to do after a full week's cruise. I usually leave my fridge pretty depleted when I'm gone for that long!

9 hours ago, Cruising Caribbean said:

@FJB That's a great photo! It's not that easy to get a shot of a cruise ship like this. It looks like a lovely port day too.

It was perfect weather. We rented ATVs and rode around the island at our leisure. 

• Like 1

@FJB Riding around in ATVs sounds so adventurous! I usually bring my young children around on my cruising experience so I generally wouldn't be able to take them on this sort of experience because they are too young. I'm excited for them to be old enough for more adventurous excursion opportunities! Were you on flat terrain or did you go offroading in more rural spots? 

• 2 weeks later...

@FJB This Celebrity Millenium cruise video is epic! You did a fantastic job capturing many of your vacation highlights! I have to hear more about the dirt buggies you were on. That experience looked fantastic. How long was the experience? I love that you were off the beaten path and able to explore the behind-the-scenes natural beauty of the area. Since the inauguration of this ship, it has been cruising worldwide, homeporting from Liberia to Malta. This 90,963 gross-ton ship seems to be a true classic. I'm so glad you were able to share this video with us. Now I want to book my first cruise onboard Celebrity Millenium! You sold me. 

Did you see the pickleball court onboard? Celebrity Cruises recently announced the pickleball installations onboard nine of its fleet members, including Celebrity Millenium.

On 3/21/2023 at 3:19 PM, 3Sisters said:

@FJB This Celebrity Millenium cruise video is epic! You did a fantastic job capturing many of your vacation highlights! I have to hear more about the dirt buggies you were on. That experience looked fantastic. How long was the experience? I love that you were off the beaten path and able to explore the behind-the-scenes natural beauty of the area. Since the inauguration of this ship, it has been cruising worldwide, homeporting from Liberia to Malta. This 90,963 gross-ton ship seems to be a true classic. I'm so glad you were able to share this video with us. Now I want to book my first cruise onboard Celebrity Millenium! You sold me. 

Did you see the pickleball court onboard? Celebrity Cruises recently announced the pickleball installations onboard nine of its fleet members, including Celebrity Millenium.

The buggy tour was 2 1/2 to 3 hours long - well worth every penny!

Yes there was a pickleball court. 

@FJB Pickleball on a cruise ship sounds like a workout, especially if the cruise is not docked! It would be an experience for sure, but I'm more of the sit-down-and-watch type. I'm pretty sure tennis courts are pretty popular onboard so I'm sure the pickleball courts will be even more of a hit. Pickleball is pretty much a mini version of tennis anyhow. I'm impressed at the way you filmed your whole cruise, even when you were on the buggy adventure! 

Celebrity Cruises announced a sweepstakes event you may be interested in but it's in the metaverse. The "wonderverse" platform has been enhanced for one of its cruise ships too, but I'm not really sure this is the sweepstakes event for me. Do you think you will take part in this? 

• Like 1