Cruise Hive Boards

Valentine cruise

LukeJ

@LukeJ This is an interesting thought! I would imagine likeminded cruise lovers would be a match made in heaven! Valentine's day would be a really fun time to explore solo cruising; you could possibly find a great romantic partner at sea. I know many cruise lines offer single meet ups as part of the cruise activities onboard. Will you be cruising during Valentine's day this year?

I think much of the cruise crew encounters short-term/long lasting partners onboard. It's much easier to pair up when you are in close quarters for a longer duration, such as the several months to year duration of a cruise contract. I would assume that longer itineraries would provide a guest searching for romance with a better chance of meeting someone on than a shorter itinerary. With more days together, you have a greater opportunity to meet and get to know someone onboard. 

I love that Princess Cruises caters to couples! The line's romantic packages look exceptional.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/romance/

I tend to agree. Cruising is a romantic getaway for anyone, on the open seas with all the activities you wish on board and then going inbound in different locations, so to do that when couples first meet I'm guessing would be the ultimate holiday for them. 

• Thanks 1

@LukeJI chose to honeymoon onboard a cruise ship, and I couldn't recommend it more. Usually I'm cruising in a group now or with family now, so romantic getaways are few and far between, but if you have the opportunity to pursue a romantic sailing you absolutely should! I agree, new romantic relationships would likely enjoy this sort of experience the most. 

Princess Cruises is pretty notorious for its romantic experiences actually. The line is known for its Love Boat hosting. @FJB Princess Cruises released multiple Valentine's Day itineraries featuring special menus and drinks alongside love-themed events. These Valentine sailings will be Love Boat themed, sharing a tribute to the popular television series.  https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-unveils-love-boat-valentines-day-sailings/93506

Last year "The Real Love Boat," CBS's reality dating show cast met some of the original "The Love Boat" cast in an encounter onboard Discovery Princess. https://www.cruisehive.com/the-real-love-boat-crew-meet-original-show-cast-on-princess-cruise-ship/85494

@FJB An Elvis impersonator would truly complete the Las Vegas wedding package! I'm not 100%, but I do think that usually in order to be married onboard a cruise ship, it needs to be scheduled in advanced. If arranged prior, I would say bringing along an Elvis impersonator to your wedding on a whim would be so fun! It would be something out of the ordinary for sure.

Since we are in the month of love, I thought I would share that lots of guests choose to get married on a cruise ship! In fact, over 1,000 couples were set to be married onboard Carnival Cruise Line ships on one single day in 2019. That is a seriously high number for one single day!

https://www.cruisehive.com/over-1000-couples-set-to-say-i-do-across-all-carnival-cruise-ships/29485

@LukeJ If you book with a cruise line that has some good nightlife, cruising solo could be the perfect way to have a romantic encounter! I always found Carnival Cruise Line to offer some great evening activities that highlight singles. It looks like Royal Caribbean will be expanding its entertainment options! Royal Caribbean could be another good cruise line to explore on Valentine's day. What is your preferred cruise line?

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-to-expand-entertainment-with-1400-opportunities/82050

@LukeJ There was lots of love for Carnival Cruise Line this week! The romance at sea continues. CCL celebrated its largest vow renewal day. It goes to show that cruise lovers usually come in pairs, or large groups. I think cruising and romance goes hand-in-hand! I wonder how many vow renewals Princess Cruises had on Valentine's day this year. Will you be cruising on Valentine's day next year? 

There are so many different beautiful/romantic places to explore! To me, cruising to those lovely destinations is so much more relaxing because you don't need to worry about shuffling here or there. The cruise ship and crew take away all of the worry.

The Fjords is absolutely a desired travel spot, along with Greece and tranquil cities in Mexico. The Maldives is also a huge vacation spot for couples! Exploring Alaska could be another really romantic getaway. Truly, you could make any cruise experience romantic. Here are some great ways to make your next cruise vacation a romantic one! 

https://www.cruisehive.com/10-romantic-tips-for-a-cruise-vacation/15031

@LukeJ I agree that Alaska could be a really ideal spot for some romance. Juneau, Alaska is a really popular travel destination, but I would think some of the smaller destinations, such as Whittier, would be more intimate for a romantic setting. Whittier has amazing natural beauty and can be easily accessed by a cruise ship. Even a simple exploration of the history there could be be an unforgettable experience! 

Do you have an upcoming cruise to Malta? I think you can seriously make any location romantic! There are tons of cruise lines that visit Malta from MSC Cruises to Carnival Cruise Line and Princess Cruises. The Valletta Waterfront seems romantic enough. I would look into the Upper Barrakka Gardens too. It's ridden with history and culture, and gardens are always a romantic place to explore! 

@PaulBThat's pretty cool you are doing a similar experience to @LukeJ! Will this be your first time visiting Greece and Italy? I haven't been to either of those destinations before. What cruise line will you be sailing with? I think Viking Cruises has similar itineraries. Viking Cruises is growing in popularity and just had its best booking month in January 2023. Apparently, the cruise line almost sold out for the 2023 cruise season! 

@3Sisters I've worked in Greece on a few occasions in my younger days and loved the country. I've always wanted to go to Italy and maybe one day I can explore the country but will be excited to stop off from the cruise. The Mediterranean is such a beautiful place it's something else. Maybe next time I can go further afield if you have any suggestions.

That's so cool! Greece has so many amazingly scenic spots to explore; I think I would need an entire month to experience the region. What were some of your favorite spots you visited in Greece? The food alone would be a whole new experience for me. Mediterranean food in the US surely doesn't compare. MSC Cruises has a pretty cool program called "Stay and Cruise"  where you can explore the area longer and includes a pre-cruise stay for sailings in Italy and Greece. Maybe this would be a nice option for me! I do enjoy MSC Cruises.

@3Sisters @LukeJ it's the most amazing country. I really enjoyed Athens, that will blow you away with its history. You will love the restaurants there, hidden away in alleys. There is something magical I find about that. I loved Crete, views and the beaches are mesmerising. Or if you are more of a night owl, there is always Corfu