Cruise Hive Boards

Silver Nova

@FJB Silversea seems like an amazing line to cruise. I'm considering it for a special anniversary option. I'm especially intrigued by Silver Nova because of its eco-friendly capabilities. Why not feel better about the emissions your ship is outputting? For me, it's an extra incentive to cruise on the ship.

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 8:50 AM, Kendall James-Vargas said:

Does anyone plan to cruise onboard Silver Nova? Royal Caribbean's luxury brand, Silversea Cruises, will begin sailing the ship August 2023. It's supposed to be the first of its kind, super eco-conscious, and powered by a hybrid system (LNG, batteries, and fuel cells). 

We are booked on the Silver Nova in October.  Very excited to see this new ship.

• Like 1

@BOCCENANA I'm very excited for you! I can only imagine that the ship is going to be so spectacular and have a feeling of true luxury. Have you cruised with Silversea Cruises in the past? Silver Nova is going to set some huge standards for elite-style cruising.  It will be the first Nova-class ship in its fleet. I didn't realize that the cruise line is in the process of building another spectacular ship, Silver Ray. Both of these ships will be the largest in their fleet accommodating 728 guests each. I think the Observation Lounge and Panorama Lounge are going to feature the most amazing evening views. Which ports of call will you visit?

• 4 weeks later...

@BOCCENANA I hope you are able to share your October cruise review here for @jryka before the November sailing! I haven't actually cruised on a luxury cruise line before so I'm curious to hear about both of your experiences. Will you both be cruising on identical itineraries? I would love to book an anniversary cruise for me and my husband and save up for a luxury cruise experience. Will this be both of your first times cruising with Silversea Cruises?

@jryka I think you are going to have a blast. I'm excited you will be going on your first luxury cruise experience. I can only imagine it's going to be the most unforgettable cruise experience. Will you be cruising onboard Expolra Journey's Explora I for both itineraries or will you be cruising onboard Explora II? Recently, Mike Horn was named brand ambassador for the MSC-owned cruise line! The maiden voyage for Explora I, happening this year, is going to be epic, departing on July 17. This balcony-only ship will cruise the fjords and the Artic Circle on this voyage. Where will your luxury cruise experience take you?

They are both on Explora 1. My January 2024 is only 6 nts from San Juan to Barbados, but adding 4 nts on both ends makes is almost perfect. The January 2025 is 11 nts rdtp miami, obviously, with a bunch of Caribbean stops. They had a promo back when I booked for a 2 category upgrade, so I booked the highest terrace level and upgraded to a deluxe penthouse on both. I was able to grab 1 of the 2 aft facing DP's on both. 

• Like 1

@jryka These itineraries sound like a dream! I have heard San Juan has some fantastic hotels that offer a day pass; if you are interested I can pass along the info for a hotel another member recommended. Explora I's all-balcony room layout is truly luxurious and the fact that you could snag a deluxe penthouse on both itineraries is over the top! I was browsing the stateroom design and it's so grand! What attracted you to Explora Journey? Are you a usual cruiser with MSC Cruises

@jryka It's pretty cool you will begin your cruising vacations with a luxury cruise line! I have been cruising for some time on the more common cruise lines, but a luxury experience is certainly on my bucket list. Due to prices, I haven't had the opportunity yet, but all I hear are wonderful things! What I think is so wonderful about cruising on Explora Journeys is that the experience is truly all-inclusive. The cruise fare includes more than average cruises encompassing things such as gratuities, unlimited Wi-Fi, a bottle of champagne and wine, unlimited beverages, shuttles at ports of call, and access to thermal suites. These are all generally additional costs for the most popular, basic cruise lines. 

My wife and I overdid cruising in the early 2000's and opted to start flying to and staying at destinations. We travelled a lot, maybe 10 times a year including every winter to Hawaii. I lost her 1.5 years ago, and have tried some trips like we use to do, but looking for something different. I did try a regular 5nt NCL and a 2 nts MSC, they weren't quite right for me. 

• Thanks 1

@jryka I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you have some extraordinary memories of traveling with your loved one. I can only imagine traveling has changed for you significantly in recent years. If you are a seasoned world traveler and have truly experienced so much of the hospitality/cruising industry, I would think you are looking for something that stands out in a way some of the more mainstream cruise lines may not. Cruising with Expolra Journeys may just be the perfect cruise experience you are looking for. I bet cruising for a longer duration will also be an added bonus. Getting some extra time in San Juan will also be a great way to get both an on-land and at-sea travel experience. It makes for a nice hybrid vacation, allowing you to explore San Juan without any time restrictions. What are some of the things you felt NCL and MSC Cruises were lacking? Are you looking for a more intimate cruise experience? 

@jryka I think that's a great requirement! You are going to love the deluxe penthouse staterooms on Explora I. I don't know if you will even want to leave the cabin after experiencing that sort of beauty and comfort! The in-suite dining option will likely be very enjoyable in your stateroom, and I bet you will put your unlimited access to your in-room mini-bar to good use. San Juan is filled with beauty and it sounds like you feel the same way. I'm glad you will be able to experience Barbados for the first time. The article I linked has some really unique things to do in Barbados that you may want to explore while there.

@jryka I totally agree with you there. Any stateroom onboard Explora I is spacious and filled with new luxury! I don't think that MSC and NCL are even a comparison to Explora Journeys. Just the fact that Explora Journeys only offers balcony staterooms speaks volumes about the caliber of the cruise line. I think after cruising on this luxury ship, you are going to want to book another luxury experience. It's certainly going to change the way you cruise. It's like interior vs balcony staterooms. If you haven't tried it you don't know better, but once you do, there is no going back.