Cruise Hive Boards

Time to Book a Celebrity Cruises Sailing

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@FJB I know you cruise with Celebrity Cruises quite often. Do you think this is one of the line's better promotions or have you seen better? 

I always wanted to get married on a cruise ship! My husband wanted a traditional wedding, but I would have been happy with family on a cruise ship. That's how we spent our honeymoon anyways! 

9 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB I know you cruise with Celebrity Cruises quite often. Do you think this is one of the line's better promotions or have you seen better? 

I don’t think I’ve ever booked a cruise during ‘wave season’ and haven’t even gone  to celebrity’s website to look at the latest promotions. I personally think wave season is a gimmick. There is always some type of “sale” which means they just play with the numbers to make you think you are getting a deal - give you free drinks but increase the cruise price or reduce the cruise price on the 1st and 2nd person but increase it for the 3rd and 4th person in the cabin. The biggest advantage to wave season may be reduced deposits if they do that, otherwise I think I can get the same deal at other times throughout the year. JMO 

@LukeJ I think several weddings can be conducted during a single cruise itinerary. Most ships have special places onboard where guests can get married. There are many off-ship spots as well. 

@FJB I have noticed that cruise lines often change the prices around to make it looks like a better deal. I think most cruise lines do this actually. Thanks for sharing your seasoned advice. Reduced deposits are nice, but I still prefer a reduced overall cruise fare! 

@LukeJ Yes, I agree. I would imagine that most sailings have options for more than one wedding. As I mentioned above, the ceremonies don't necessarily have to be conducted on the ship. They could be conducted at one of the ports within the itinerary. I think it's a good money maker for the cruise lines too! I love the fact that it limits the amount of guests who can attend your wedding. I always wanted a more intimate wedding, but I didn't get it. It just gets so hectic having to entertain and greet friends and family during the ceremony that have traveled from far away to attend. I think a cruise wedding is a nice simplistic way to celebrate matrimony.