2023 Cruise Bookings

CCL Sailings for 2023  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Have you booked a CCL sailing for 2023? If so, which month will you be cruising?

• January
    • February
    • March
    • April
    • May
    • June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December

No, we sail on Vista more than any of the other ships in Galveston, although we've been on the others as well as Valor and Freedom when they were here. We'll be in the Havana section again and first time trying the back to back. So, excited of course. 

Sure, Vista is big enough to have things like a Havana section, great specialty restaurants including Cucina del Capitano (favorite) plus movie theaters and an IMAX but still has the feel of a ship and not just a floating hotel. 

Essentially Vista does 2 different 7 day itineraries, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Cozumel, Jamaica, Caymans. We're doing both for a total of 14 days.

@KeithG Thanks for sharing! That's incredible the ship has an IMAX theater onboard. Does this amenity fill up quickly, and do you recall the additional per person cost? I have seen an under the ocean IMAX show before, and it was amazing! 

That's going to be so fun! I'm excited for you. I love that the two itineraries offer differing ports of call, except for Cozumel. Don't forget to pack sunscreen for this itinerary. 

It has more then just the IMAX, its even called Carnival Multiplex, including the Thrill Theater where the seats move.. It's never been full when we go, including over Spring Break, I don't remember the cost but it was not expensive. 

We've done both the intineraries before, of course separately but its been a few years since we could do the Jamaica / Caymans so looking forward to those. 

• 2 weeks later...

@KeithG That's incredible! Moving seats sounds like something out of movie. Did the experience make you dizzy at all? I often get a bit dizzy with IMAX entertainment, but with a moving seat, maybe I would feel differently!

The Cayman Islands is one of my favorite stops. I'm excited for you! Do you enjoy snorkeling? I loved snorkeling there. 

I didn't get dizzy but I can see how one would, you can close your eyes or temporarily look down. The IMAX didn't have moving seats, there was another theater on board called, I believe, the Thrill Theater or some such. Quite a hoot. 

Yep looking forward to snorkeling in Cozumel x 2, Roatan and the Caymans. Chankanaab park in Cozumel has some fantastic walk in snorkeling...plus good bar service at the beach if you are so inclined. 

@KeithG I will have to look into the Thrill Theater, and see what ships offer it! Thanks for the information.

You are going to get lots of vitamin D with all of that snorkeling! I haven't been to Chankanaab park, but I have visited Cozumel quite a few times. Do you remember how far it was from the port? I would love to try it next time I go. Also, do you need to bring your own snorkel gear or do they have a rental spot at the park?

Chankanaab is only 5 or 10 minutes from the port. Has a restaurant, tequila tasting, zip line, all that but mostly fantastic snorkeling. You can get the gear at the park or bring your own of course. We do it as a Carnival excursion. Easy transport, free snorkel gear if you need it and included lunch / drinks at the restaurant. I bring my gear but the others usually opt for the provided gear. Standard snorkel gear with flotation vest if you need it. 

@KeithG That sounds vey convenient. I could probably just grab a taxi over, unless you think its walkable. I love to zip line! I don't know how I missed this spot, but I would love to experience zip lining in Cozumel. That's a good tip. I will have to see if I can book an excursion to Chankanaab through the line I choose to cruise with. It's convenient to have the rental option; although for sanitary purposes it would be ideal to bring my own. For some reason whenever I rent snorkel gear it always smells like pine sol cleaner. At least it smells clean, but I'm not sure if it's best to put your mouth on that kind of cleaner! 

Good morning. Definitely not walkable. Taxi or excursion for sure, as for that, the excursion just puts you in a taxi for the short trip anyway.  I like the convenience of the excursion but either way. 

Yeah, I always bring my own equipment. No curled up fins and basic snorkel plus a better mask. Plus I like a dry snorkel not just the basic tube. Some people prefer not to lug all the stuff with them if they aren't spending much time in the water. 

https://cozumelparks.com/en/chankanaab/

• Thanks 1

@KeithG I'm glad I asked! That's so true; bring your own mask to prevent the taste of cleaner in your mouth. What is a dry snorkel? Is that the new mask system that covers the whole face? They are a bit more money but definitely seem so worth it! They are anti-fog I think. Well I usually travel with my family, so it can be cumbersome. Bringing my own mask and renting fins and life vests is probably most practical for my family. 

A dry snorkel has basically a ball the closes off the tube when you dive, so much less water in the tube to blow out when you surface. If you are mostly a surface snorkeler then it probably doesn't matter. I have a full face mask as do other members of the family, I don't like the because I like to be able to drop the snorkel out of my mouth if I am out of breath. Faimly likes them though, again, for surface snorkeling. 

For the anti-fog, first on a new mask you probably need to burn off the inside coating on the glass and then use something called Quick Spit or Sea Gold's anti-fog gel. You can look on YouTube about burning off the coating of your mask. 

@KeithG Thanks for educating me on dry snorkeling! So the major perk of dry snorkeling is the ability to completely submerge the breathing tube underwater without water entering. I always surface snorkel, but now that I know about dry snorkeling, things may change. If you don't mind me asking, what is the typical cost of a dry snorkel? I think I may invest in some before my next cruise to bring them along. 

I never thought to burn off the inside coating on the glass. I think the masks I have are likely plastic. Wouldn't it melt? Im going to look into these products. You have taught me so many new things about snorkel masks! Thank you. I wonder if these products are similar to RainX. My husband loves to put RainX on everything. It does make driving in the rain a breeze. 

Yes, exactly, no water in the tube. I don't know if its allowed or not but I'll add a link to the exact one I have. Lists at $24

https://www.amazon.com/Cressi-Supernova-Dry-Black/dp/B01JRV1WJA/?th=1

Most of the anti-fogs are kind of like dish soap, very thin coat and keeps the fog at bay, its temporary so you need to do it each time, also keep the inside glass very clean. 

@KeithG The price of this excursion seems very reasonable. I'm so accustomed to the steep excursion prices; this is an affordable and secure option! 

I always appreciate a beach stop with good amenities. Having good food and drink options are great, but a clean restroom is a must have amenity for me! 

Thanks for sharing this fun snorkeling spot in Roatan. 

Here are some other things to do in Mahogany Bay next time you visit. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/best-things-to-do-in-mahogany-bay-isla-roatan/23421

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas