Table. Lothes

There's  nothing wrong with expressing your preference and I agree that tablecloths & nicely presented napkins can for some enhance their dining experience. One of the reasons for no tablecloths might be the additional cleaning costs.

I am one of those who enjoys dining in an upmarket restaurant occasionally but I can also enjoy breakfast in a workman's cafe with mugs of tea, get your own cutlery and pay at the counter.  As an afterthought, could you not ask the Hotel Director if they have considered putting tablecloths on the tables and their reason for not having them. 

It looks like Mardi Gras's main dining setup changes on different occasions.  I got curious and checked their photos.  Some will have a formal setup with table cloth and elegantly folded napkins.  Some will have a table runner, then on some, it will be just a clean table.  Maybe they make it more formal on the first and last day of the cruise.  These are the days when their menu would be grander than the rest of the days.  Also when the captain and the crew will put on a show. I personally do not mind as long as there is a nice napkin and the table is spotless, which usually is.

• Like 1