Hurricane Ian heading for Tampa

We are also scheduled on the Carnival Paradise leaving Tampa on Thursday the 29th. Just watching the Weather Channel and they are expecting hurricane winds and rain starting Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning with winds up to 100 mph. I can't imagine embarkation either Thursday or Friday.

Canival Cruise does not "call it" until 48 hrs prior to cruise, according to a Carnival representative yesterday.

We are frequent Carnival cruisers but we absolutely hate not knowing where this cruise stands with Tampa being in the impact cone of Ian. The entire state of Florida is under a state of emergency.

Welcome any information or update. 

Thanks,

Karen

So it looks like the cruise lines are waiting for further development on the storm and how it will affect the ports.  We can expect changes to the itinerary.  If they have not canceled they will most likely cruise and go the furthest port away from the storm.  https://www.cruisehive.com/multiple-cruise-ship-itinerary-changes-as-hurricane-ian-aims-for-florida/82519

The Carnival Paradise September 29th cruise has been canceled.

Paradise will be staying in Cozumel until it is safe to go back.

I think anyone that was supposed to be on this cruise should/could book Sunrise's 4 Day cruise on the 29th from Miami, going to Key West and Cozumel.

You could also do Valor from New Orleans, still on 9-29-2022, 4 day to Cozumel.

Anyone who wants to do one of those should book quick before they get sold out.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 7:32 PM, Mark Cam said:

We are supposed to sail from Tampa Thursday 9/29 but hurricane Ian is looking like it will hit Tampa around the same time, has anyone heard any updates on this?

Thanks,

Mark

On 9/25/2022 at 10:23 PM, Karen Fagg said:

We are also scheduled on the Carnival Paradise leaving Tampa on Thursday the 29th. Just watching the Weather Channel and they are expecting hurricane winds and rain starting Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning with winds up to 100 mph. I can't imagine embarkation either Thursday or Friday.

Canival Cruise does not "call it" until 48 hrs prior to cruise, according to a Carnival representative yesterday.

We are frequent Carnival cruisers but we absolutely hate not knowing where this cruise stands with Tampa being in the impact cone of Ian. The entire state of Florida is under a state of emergency.

Welcome any information or update. 

Thanks,

Karen

On 9/26/2022 at 4:17 AM, Diana R said:

I am also booked for Cruise out of Tampa Thursday the 29th.  I am also wondering what is happening.  Do they rebook for another day, leave later or refund?

See above post

• Like 1