Anyone concerned about this new storm, INVEST 98L?

We are due to sail on 09/26. This has been a long awaited trip planned for months. Last cruise I had planned was set to sail 03/20/2020, but was quickly cancelled due to COVID. The new storm that is brewing is due to hit the western Caribbean next week. My cruise is sailing to the eastern Caribbean. Should we be okay? 

Is there any new communication from the cruise line?  I think they will change their itinerary if the captain thinks the ship is heading towards the location that will be hit by the storm.  It is also possible that you will stay at the sea instead of docking at the ports.  It will be safer for the ship and its passengers and everyone at the port if massive ships stay in the open sea.  Either way, I am pretty sure you will be okay but expect some changes.

In 2019 Hurricane Dorian nearly cancelled a cruise I had booked. It was shortened and delayed from a 4 day to a 2 day, and had the option to cancel with full refund. That's what I did, and rebooked it for a few weeks later. Luckily I had that flexibility. If you book a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season, you need to be willing to either have that kind of flexibility, or accept that your vacation may end up cancelled. I'm sure you will not be cancelled, as that generally only happens when a storm is bearing down on a ship's home port. But these things happen. Avoid summer/early fall if you don't like the possibility of hurricanes disrupting your plans.

• Like 1