VeriFly will not allow PASS without a Covid test.

My wife and I are cruising on the Vista this Saturday.  We are fully vaccinated and have used VeriFly several times before.  However, VeriFly has not been updated to accept the fact Carnival no longer requires a Covid test for 15 nights or fewer.  You can't submit a no test required comment, or even scan Carnival's new protocol statement into the test item for VeriFly (I know, we tried and it was rejected).  So, I contacted both VeriFly and Carnival guest services.  Both said, "Oh, just bring your paperwork and we will do a manual review."  Is this stupid or what?  You adopt a system to make it easier checking in, then go "back" to manual reviews because you can't modify the APP to have an N/A button?  Ridiculous!

49 minutes ago, GPJEFFC said:

My wife and I are cruising on the Vista this Saturday.  We are fully vaccinated and have used VeriFly several times before.  However, VeriFly has not been updated to accept the fact Carnival no longer requires a Covid test for 15 nights or fewer.  You can't submit a no test required comment, or even scan Carnival's new protocol statement into the test item for VeriFly (I know, we tried and it was rejected).  So, I contacted both VeriFly and Carnival guest services.  Both said, "Oh, just bring your paperwork and we will do a manual review."  Is this stupid or what?  You adopt a system to make it easier checking in, then go "back" to manual reviews because you can't modify the APP to have an N/A button?  Ridiculous!

So, according to comments I saw by John Heald, Carnival's brand ambassador, VeriFly is working on getting this changed.  But, it's up to them as they own the app.  Carnival doesn't — they are just one of many of VeriFly's customers.  I imagine with all of the ever-changing rules and protocols going on in the travel industry as a whole, it's hard to keep up with all of the programming required.

To be honest, the last 2 cruises we took, we just did the old manual paperwork review.  It took all of 5 minutes for the check-in person to verify we had everything in order for the health check, vaccination card, and passport ID.  The VeriFly guests were in the same exact line we were in and then we all proceeded from there together through the remaining process.  So, truthfully, we didn't see that having VeriFly, in the grand scheme, really was that useful or time-saving.  Just something else to keep up with and have on your phone.  But, your mileage may vary.

We just got off the Vista Saturday. We've used VeriFly twice now on Vista. The first time was in March and they told everyone to install it and load your stuff pre-cruise, which took some time for 4 people but we did it. Got to the Terminal flashed them the app and...they asked for all of our paperwork. The agent said not all the lines were using VeriFly, whatever that meant. Not happy to have wasted my time with it.

This time the issues were pre-cruise. Carnival's booking websiite won't accept the number of letters or the hyphen in my wife's last name. Well, the VeriFly reviewers said the name on her vaccine card and booking docs were different and wouldn't approve her vaccine card. Took some back and forth with VeriFly, sending driver's license and passport images to get them to approve it, which they did. Also it said I needed to complete the health survey on VeriFly within 48 hours of boarding even though I had done it online, never did let me do it but showed green Passes. 

At the terminal during boarding it was phenomenal. Took like 2 minutes to check VeriFly, scan passport then through to security. 

Still have to bring all your paperwork just in case.

I just sailed with carnival near the end of last month. Having verfly was great. Me and my S.O. breezed through check-in. I felt having the app was a great thing. We never had to show any of the paperwork we had with us. It took us all of 5 minutes from entering the terminal to check verifly, show passports, go through security and wait for our zone to board.

If you are having issues with the app you may want to try either clearing the cache for the app as well as check for updates. As a last resort you can try uninstalling it and re-installing it, however this would require re-entering all of your documentation. 

I did find the verifly website with questions, directions and screenshots to be of a big help for getting all information and documents uploaded, reviewed and accepted. 

I have already uploaded documents and info for our next cruise in a couple of months. Putting the info in was even faster than for the last cruise. Everything was reviewed and accepted within 3 minutes.

• Like 1