Cruise Hive Boards

Princess Cruises Removes Vaccine Requirement for Most Sailings

This is a huge development!  Princess cruises will remove the vaccination requirement for 16 days and less sailing starting on Sept 6.  This move will open a significantly large number of people who wanted to step out and cruise.  Of course, I am curious if they will allow unvaccinated passengers to disembark in ports though since a large number of ports still require vaccination.  Has anyone heard more about this?

• 4 weeks later...

Are you really referring to the elimination of Covid testing before embarkation on most voyages?  Voyages over 16 days or some ports still require testing.  If you are not vaccinated then you are still required to do a Covid test before embarkation.  This is what the announcement was for.

• Like 1

I was led to believe that the Vaccine Free people would need a test before boarding, irrespective of the length of cruise.  I was also told that the Vaccine Free are not allowed to cruise for longer than 16 days.  As a footnote, I have no idea why the Vaccine Free people are being targeted for testing when everyone realises that the vaccines don't stop you having it or passing it on, but I suppose it makes those who wish to wear a mask feel safer.  I was told that RCL, NCL, Princess and Carnival are leading the way, but not Cunard or P & O. I am awaiting a response from Marella.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 5:17 AM, Videoman said:

I was led to believe that the Vaccine Free people would need a test before boarding, irrespective of the length of cruise.  I was also told that the Vaccine Free are not allowed to cruise for longer than 16 days.  As a footnote, I have no idea why the Vaccine Free people are being targeted for testing when everyone realises that the vaccines don't stop you having it or passing it on, but I suppose it makes those who wish to wear a mask feel safer.  I was told that RCL, NCL, Princess and Carnival are leading the way, but not Cunard or P & O. I am awaiting a response from Marella.

It certainly is changing so much. It seems the UK cruise lines are slightly different compared tot he U.S. ones, and also depends on where their vessels sail. At least it's gradually getting easier to cruise now. Shouldn't be too long until they just completely drop all the requirements.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...