Covid shots requirements

• Sally Oaklin changed the title to Covid shots requirements

That is my dream actually, to be off the grid and be living off the internet and away from society.  I had the experience of renting a small island and we stayed there for 2 weeks.  It was amazing!  Network coverage is so weak, that only text and messenger are possible.  Internet is way too slow that you just give up connecting.  I have small kids now so living remotely isn't really possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 10:31 AM, DeanneB said:

@Sally OaklinThe Covid vax is still a requirement at this time.  We can probably expect this to ease up maybe next year.

Thank God!  Hopefully, tests are required too.  Covid is still alive and well.  Having a vessel accommodating 6,000+ people with major uncertainties about their infection status converge on a small island, is totally irresponsible.  All countries have the right and the responsibility to take all steps to protect their people and their country from known dangerous diseases!  Anyone foolish enough to object to those requirements shouldn't be allowed to sail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2022 at 3:38 AM, Delores said:

Thank God!  Hopefully, tests are required too.  Covid is still alive and well.  Having a vessel accommodating 6,000+ people with major uncertainties about their infection status converge on a small island, is totally irresponsible.  All countries have the right and the responsibility to take all steps to protect their people and their country from known dangerous diseases!  Anyone foolish enough to object to those requirements shouldn't be allowed to sail.

I agree. I could understand if the decision was made to stop vaccine requirements because they do not guarantee protection from COVID, however, at the very least, everyone should be tested, and preferably within 24 hours of sailing. Isn't the whole point to ensure that guests are COVID free? What better way to do that than test within 24 hours? I went on a Windstar cruise and they tested onsite before embarkation, and we all had to be tested before even flying to the port. So, as guests, we all felt very safe/comfortable around each other and we felt good knowing we were not potentially carrying disease and death to people on the islands we visited. I believe it is the right thing to do. I don't like the process of being tested but the procedure has improved considerably and it is worth the potential momentary discomfort to ensure the safety of others. Sadly in today's society, most people think primarily of themselves and what they want, regardless of who is hurt in the process.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:56 PM, Sally Oaklin said:

I'm interested in people's opinions regarding Covid shots and cruising requirements.

I think people should get tested, even thou you still can get COVID, it want be as bad if you didn't get the shot.Just got back for a seven day cruise and my whole family had COVID, but we all have been vaccinated and boosted and doing fine except me still feeling a little under the weather because I'm 70 with underline health conditions, I wouldn't tell anyone to get vaccinated but I would because I could be in the hospital hooked up to machine but I'm not,at home resting.

• Like 2

I work in a hospital and mostly helped with seniors and I can say the vaxxed seniors and patients have a better chance of dealing with the virus.  Some of the infected just need to rest for 48 hours, similar to the regular flu.  They needed to be monitored to make sure the symptoms are under control but generally, they do not need any intensive interventions.  I can say, we are not panicking when we know the patient is vaccinated.