Life is Good!

8 hours ago, 3Sisters said:

@FJB That is a truly hot summer heat temp! I hope you have some ice in your drink and a fan nearby. Do you make your own ice cream? My friends have been using these specialty Ninja icecream makers and rave about it. My family liked to make banana icecream with the old-fashioned maker, using rock salt. This is a fond memory I had as a kid! I think I should grab an ice cream maker and give it a try.

Actually, now that I'm looking at your photo again, that blue bucket looks like an ice cream maker! Am I right?

Yes that is an ice cream maker - been making ice cream for 40+ years!  I have graduated from a hand crank to electric - much easier. 

Out on the front porch this evening waiting for the t-storms and tornadoes to roll thru while sipping on an Old Fashioned enjoying some European chocolate from my daughter’s River cruise while catching up on cruise news.  Life is grand! 

IMG_8443.jpeg

• Thanks 1

@FJB I was cruising during this last post so I'm getting a catch-up as we speak! I love the nice big chunk of ice in your adult beverage photographed here. I'm curious to hear more about your daughter's overall rive cruise rating. Would she do it again? I recall reading your posts about her not enjoying the cruise line as much as she thought she would.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 9:55 AM, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB I was cruising during this last post so I'm getting a catch-up as we speak! I love the nice big chunk of ice in your adult beverage photographed here. I'm curious to hear more about your daughter's overall rive cruise rating. Would she do it again? I recall reading your posts about her not enjoying the cruise line as much as she thought she would.

She probably would not do it again. For the prices charged for the cruise, it did not live up to expectations.  She felt service is much better on the many celebrity cruises she has taken and at more than half the price. 

I thought life was good this evening out on my front porch where I can hear the birds chirping and the neighborhood kids playing while enjoying an adult beverage, but then I opened CruiseHive news to discover Celebrity is charging for chocolate chip cookies on the Equinox!  What the hell has the cruising world come to?!?  Apparently I can’t have my cookies and eat them too unless I pay for them!

IMG_8608.jpeg

• Like 1

@FJB This is a great tribute to Jimmy Buffett! His music is the epitome of Caribbean cruising. He was such a talented musician. Cruise lines have been celebrating his life, and his successful career doesn't go unnoticed!  https://www.cruisehive.com/cruise-lines-tribute-iconic-margaritaville-singer-jimmy-buffet/110032 I hope you enjoyed your margarita! Have you tried chili on the rim? It's my newfound favorite. 

3 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB This is a great tribute to Jimmy Buffett! His music is the epitome of Caribbean cruising. He was such a talented musician. Cruise lines have been celebrating his life, and his successful career doesn't go unnoticed!  https://www.cruisehive.com/cruise-lines-tribute-iconic-margaritaville-singer-jimmy-buffet/110032 I hope you enjoyed your margarita! Have you tried chili on the rim? It's my newfound favorite. 

I may have had one of those chili margaritas in Cozumel but wasn’t a fan. 

• 5 months later...

@FJB This photo makes me want to go back on a cruise ship! The endless cozy pool towels and the sunny loungers with a drink in hand is truly unbeatable. It looks like you got a lovely shady lounger in this photo! Also, I have never thought to pair my alcohol with a ginger ale but I think it's genius. Everyone always opts for sprite or coke. Why not a ginger ale? Great for potential sea sickness too. I want to give it a try next cruise! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Life was good last week with my favorite drink - Zacapa Old Fashioned - at my favorite bar - the World Class Bar aboard the Celebrity Silhouette.  

DJI_0095.jpeg

Edited by FJB
  • Like 1

@FJB That looks like a lovely drink at an exceptional bar! I love that you share these photos and take us along on your cruise experience. It reminds me of how good and unforgettable cruises are. I love a moody bar with dim lighting. I may be able to replicate a drink like this are home but I can't replicate this ambiance and atmosphere. Another perk of a lovely bar like this is that you don't have to make your own drink. Does this bar onboard Celebrity Silhouette offer live entertainment? Live music just adds to the ambiance! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 1:51 PM, 3Sisters said:

@FJB That looks like a lovely drink at an exceptional bar! I love that you share these photos and take us along on your cruise experience. It reminds me of how good and unforgettable cruises are. I love a moody bar with dim lighting. I may be able to replicate a drink like this are home but I can't replicate this ambiance and atmosphere. Another perk of a lovely bar like this is that you don't have to make your own drink. Does this bar onboard Celebrity Silhouette offer live entertainment? Live music just adds to the ambiance! 

This particular bar does not have live entertainment and I’m okay with that - the older I get, the worse my hearing is and the more I appreciate quiet places where I can hear others around me talk.   

@FJB Thanks for taking us along on your previous cruise onboard Celebrity Silhouette! The drink looks delicious, and I love the dim lights in the World Class Bar. I also love how you can appreciate a quite lounge at this stage in your life. After spending many of my days in loud/fast paced environments, the idea of just being in a relaxing, relatively quiet space does sound quite nice. Just being in silence can be a treat for me most days! That's one reason why I love the thermal spas onboard cruise ships. Do you enjoy the thermal spas while cruising?