Carnival Vista May 14-21 2022

First cruise for grandsons and I was disappointed that Grand Cayman was canceled would have preferred Jamaica over GC to be canceled. The article is not entirely true. That was posted by Cruise Hive on the Vista. In Cozumel we had to be back on board at 2-230. The credit was $50 per person for missing the port. You did get you money back for missed excursions there. Jamaica had so many issues with excursions from bus not making it up a muddy hill making people walk up it in ankle deep mud to get to excursion to a little girl getting hit by a excursions bus and the dolphin swim lasting 15min. Be VERY VERY careful on stairs on decks from 11 down to 10 by pool they are slippery first night my husband (who Had not been drinking with very good gripping shoes) fell down and hurt his shoulder and his fore arm from elbow to wrist was bruised and the hide scrapped off. Then couple days later seen another man fall as well. Me watch for the bumps in the carpet where they have the metal seams. I was walking with grandson from dinning room out and was wearing tennis shoes and hit that and did a slide into not home base. Bruised my knees and hand. Was scary considering I’ve had neck surgery couple years ago. So not only has the Vista had lots of engine problems for several cruises the last couple months but the safety is getting a little lax. One saving Grace is the staff in the dining 3fwd was AMAZING. Ziri, Nuka and Stuart made the trip so far the best. They were great with the grandson and talked to us so much. I think if your having lots of issues on more than a couple cruise dates with the same problem then they need to take the ship out of service til the problem is fixed. If it’s due for dry dock then take it out sooner. It will save far more than hurt. I would hate to have our cruise canceled but it’s also not fair to continue to have shortened or canceled ports when so much money is spent for a vacation. Just my opinion. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Very disappointed. Would have much rather skipped Jamaica. The credit had to be spent in the ship.  At one pint smoke was pillowing out and the smell of something like an over heated engine was horrible.  We were told to be back by 2pm in Cozumel   And as for safety when walking in to the buffet the tile was super slippery I don’t know what they cleaned with but we almost fell. Staff was extremely rude during debarkation. We were told to wait until we were called then a staff member came by yelling that we had to get off now. He also started telling people to take the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. I guess cause the ship was late docking but that was not the passengers fault.  Carnival should be ashamed to continue to have this boat in operation. It’s not fair for the paying customers.