Age Policy?

Does anybody know what I can do about the minor policy? I booked a cruise for me and my friend. I’m 23, he’s 20. I just got an email yesterday saying that he can’t go without somebody accompanying him that’s 25. The only exception is if we’re married or if he’s active duty in the military. I can’t find anybody to go this last minute, does anybody know what I could do?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this late point your only recourse might be to cancel and immediately reschedule for a cruise where somebody 25 or older can travel with the 2 of you or for a date after your friend turns 21. Personally I'm not sure how you were even able to book the trip, as the online booking system at Carnival would not of accepted the a reservation for a cabin without there being all passengers over the age of 21 or the presence of somebody 25 and older on the same booking. And if you booked through a 3rd party that company should of informed you of the age stipulations at booking or warned you if there had been a 3rd that was old enough that later cancelled that the booking was in jeopardy of breaching the age policy.   

The problem is that anyone under 21 needs to travel with a "guardian" that is 25 or older. This does not mean that somebody in the cabin need be 25 but that there is a cabin that has the person of "guardian" age linked to yours. So if by some chance you are traveling with other family or friend that have a cabin with a person over 25 willing to assume responsibility for the 20 yo you can call Carnival or the travel professional that booked your travel to make sure the bookings are linked together.