Cruise Hive Boards

Cunard Queen Elizabeth also cancelling passengers on Alaska cruises from 4th June

Just Heard Cunard Queen Elizabeth also cancelling passengers on Alaska cruises from 4th June have been booked for 12 months and have a platinum loyalty status, only heard when an email arrived stating shore trips had been refunded My travel agent was unaware of the cancellation so much for customer loyalty 

• Sad 1

So, it is not just us!   Mostly the same situation.  Platinum members, booked cruise last year.  CCL stockholder.  I wonder how they came up with the formula as to who was cancelled, and who continues to go!  Not very customer friendly.  Just "sorry, here is your money back." They don't deserve our loyalty.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm  a resident of Juneau Alaska.  I have lived ⁰here from 1960 till now.  I am not tourist friendly.  I do not like all the many floating cities that bring the idiot tourists to my town.  I didn't  invite you.  You plug up our streets with the many tour busses who pollute our air with diesel fumes.  The nerve of you coming to my fair city and pollute with your tour ships stealing our power our water. All for the tourist dollar.  Most of the clowns working on south franklin in Juneau don't live here.  They're here for the tourist dollar.  Leave after tourist season is finally over. 

There are more of me in Juneau.  I will start having some fun with you clowns next year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Murray said:

I'm  a resident of Juneau Alaska.  I have lived ⁰here from 1960 till now.  I am not tourist friendly.  I do not like all the many floating cities that bring the idiot tourists to my town.  I didn't  invite you.  You plug up our streets with the many tour busses who pollute our air with diesel fumes.  The nerve of you coming to my fair city and pollute with your tour ships stealing our power our water. All for the tourist dollar.  Most of the clowns working on south franklin in Juneau don't live here.  They're here for the tourist dollar.  Leave after tourist season is finally over. 

There are more of me in Juneau.  I will start having some fun with you clowns next year.

I was in your great town about 10 years ago via cruise ship and it is in our top 3 of Favorite ports vIsited - thoroughly enjoyed your great town!  But I see your point and totally understand. I would not want my small town to host any cruise ships. Hell we have a state park in our area that draws thousands each weekend that I despise, AND I own a retail store that benefits from these tourists. But I could do without. It would be one thing if the Tourist businesses in Juneau were locally owned but if you have “come downers”, or is it uppers, taking advantage of the cruisers, then it only makes it worse. Since I’ve already visited Juneau, please feel free to bann all cruise ships now. 

• Haha 1