Cruise Hive Boards

Routine maintenance

Why is a ship that has not sailed for over two years expecting to have routine maintenance during the voyages all summer long resulting in changes to passenger itinerary’s? Why was this information not disclosed to passengers at the time of booking? It is resulting in the loss of two ports during the voyages and only a $100 credit to compensate  passengers that have already booked and paid for these trips. It’s bad business and it sounds pretty scandalous.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was booked on Crown Princess for the 21May22 Voyage, and had several calls into Princess regarding some issues.  The Fraser Train Depot is closed for 2022 season, so excursions that went into Canada from Skagway are going to be changed or canceled, Princess never informed me of that, and I presume they would have canceled that excursion last minute.  Then I lost the excursion I wanted in Juneau due to 1st Itinerary change.  Again, Princess did not inform me of that, I found out by calling the excursion directly.  So I jumped ship and changed to the Discovery Princess sailing 1 day later 22May22.   I am so glad I did that when I did (3 days before 2nd Itinerary change), I would have been very upset.  I will say, everyone I spoke with at Princess was nice, they just did not have any information or way to get information regarding 'engine maintenance' or any info on excursions.  They were very helpful in moving me from one ship to the other, and the Discovery is brand new and shinny so I am very much looking forward to my trip in less than 2 weeks. .      

Edited by Craig Dailey

• 2 weeks later...