Cruise Hive Boards

Transportation from Venice to Ravenna

Hi 

Does anyone have any information on how to book transportation from Venice, Italy to the Cruise port in Ravenna? My Husband and I are setting sail October 3rd out of Ravenna but were told by Celebrity if we book a pre/post hotel that transportation would be included. We signed up for the pre/post hotel and now Celebrity is telling us that they don't offer transport from the hotels. Also, when we booked our pre and post hotels on celebrity website, we were not given reservation info such as room type and numbers. Again, Celebrity told us that we have to contact the hotels directly which we did, but neither hotel has a record of out reservation. I am fed up with being on hold for hours at a time and not getting the correct information. If anyone has any info please share.

Thanks

Susan and Jim K 

• 1 month later...

@susank12  According to maps, to can take a cab for 2.5 hours.  Train with transfer is take about 4 hours.  So best to plan you trip from Venice to the cruiseport.  What I do is I chat with them, their chat service might me quicker to respond.  Ending them an email will be great also as you will have a paper trail for reference.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a Celebrity cruise out of Ravenna on 9/15 and was just given this info by my travel agent (VTG):  I was told to arrive no later than 10:30am. On Google Maps, it looks like this is the location described:  https://goo.gl/maps/7ZFukwHnTFqmiJYx8

The pick-up point is located at the end of the People Mover, which is the elevated tram that takes people to and from the island. 

VENICE CITY CENTER 11:00AM PICKUP  

ISOLA NOVA DEL TRONCHETTO 

VENICE, ITALY 

MEET CRUISE LINE REPRESENTATIVE BY THE "PEOPLE  MOVER",  

STATION ARRIVAL - GROUND FLOOR 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just found out the same thing about ten days ago. We're pretty upset about it. We're on the same cruise you are, Oct 3. We're flying in two days prior, hiring a private car Monday. Expensive, yes. We booked a really nice suite in the Retreat and consider the cruise line's handling of this to be a really substandard level of service 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 4:52 PM, Mark Chance said:

The posts above are absolutely correct and absolutely frustrating.  Celebrity Air group makes these transfers and they themselves are not really sure.   But you can call them for $58 per person and catch the bus at the station listed in the prior post.  

Thanks for providing those details @Mark Chance

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2022 at 11:12 AM, Teresa Hill said:

I have a Celebrity cruise out of Ravenna on 9/15 and was just given this info by my travel agent (VTG):  I was told to arrive no later than 10:30am. On Google Maps, it looks like this is the location described:  https://goo.gl/maps/7ZFukwHnTFqmiJYx8

The pick-up point is located at the end of the People Mover, which is the elevated tram that takes people to and from the island. 

VENICE CITY CENTER 11:00AM PICKUP  

ISOLA NOVA DEL TRONCHETTO 

VENICE, ITALY 

MEET CRUISE LINE REPRESENTATIVE BY THE "PEOPLE  MOVER",  

STATION ARRIVAL - GROUND FLOOR 

Hope that helps!

It's 2024 ....  we've booked the same Celebrity shuttle service from venice to board the ship in Ravenna.  we have no clue where to meet up in "People Mover".  So where did you get on the shuttle/bus exactly ?? 

• Thanks 1

@ed_ng Hopefully this is all easily mapped out for you. I doubt the cruise line will just leave you hanging without clear direction. Celebrity Cruises should give you clear pickup/drop-off instructions. Have you contacted the cruise line directly about the meeting point? It's hard for me to believe this whole process could be so vague! I can't imagine I would bank on this shuttle system without more details!