Norwegian Escape Cancellation experience

We were scheduled on the 4/9 Escape sailing.  we received our cancelation email at 1pm Monday 4/4.  Five days advance notice.  Other NCL boats leaving FL this weekend are virtually full (unless you're cool with an interior cabin on deck 1).  Oh, and NCL won't help with the airfare we booked through Jetblue (non-refundable, of course).  Stuck with $2,500 of airfare to Orlando with nothing to do once we arrive.  The final insult is that the trip insurance we purchased through Cruises.com doesn't cover cruise cancellations, so even though NCL canceled the cruise its non-refundable as well.  Another $450 lost because we insured two Club mini-suite cabins on the Escape.  So far I'm out $3,000 for airfare and trip insurance and still have no vacation planned for my kids spring break.  Thanks for nothing NCL....You suck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCL Failed Us said:

We were scheduled on the 4/9 Escape sailing.  we received our cancelation email at 1pm Monday 4/4.  Five days advance notice.  Other NCL boats leaving FL this weekend are virtually full (unless you're cool with an interior cabin on deck 1).  Oh, and NCL won't help with the airfare we booked through Jetblue (non-refundable, of course).  Stuck with $2,500 of airfare to Orlando with nothing to do once we arrive.  The final insult is that the trip insurance we purchased through Cruises.com doesn't cover cruise cancellations, so even though NCL canceled the cruise its non-refundable as well.  Another $450 lost because we insured two Club mini-suite cabins on the Escape.  So far I'm out $3,000 for airfare and trip insurance and still have no vacation planned for my kids spring break.  Thanks for nothing NCL....You suck.

Oh i hear you. Im on the one on the 16th.  And almost bought my 4k in airfare tickets until i saw them canceling ones in april... Even though my ship is not canceled yet. I have already told my family that we're not going. Because I'm pretty confident it will be canceled. I'm so sorry that you wouldn't bought those airline tickets andywhere going to help you. Norwegian is a joke. I will never cruise with them again they can take their cruise credit and shove it up their butt.... Now we're going to Yellowstone in Montana. Probably we'll have more fun there anyway

I also have reservations for April 16th. I find it very hard to believe that they still have no idea if this cruise is still going to happen. I mean its only 9 days away!!! I made this reservation well over a year ago!!!🤬

On 4/8/2022 at 12:09 AM, GMS Lloyd said:

Phoned NCL yesterday on a future Mediterranean sailing for dining options.  Was told Escape was sailing again starting on 4/16.  Hope it works out for some of you!  Keep your fingers crossed!

Who did you speak to?

I called again last night and was told they have no idea if the 16th will.sail

On 4/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, ESCAPE said:

I also have reservations for April 16th. I find it very hard to believe that they still have no idea if this cruise is still going to happen. I mean its only 9 days away!!! I made this reservation well over a year ago!!!🤬

I feel for you….NCL business practice really sucks…we are booked on the escape for the transatlantic cruise on April 25th…originally was booked since the beginning of Covid-19 in 2019…we cancelled in mid Mar/20 and would only give us a future cruise credit not a refund….4 days later the cruise was suspended because of Covid and rest of the passengers a full refund OR future credit option…why we weren’t WE offered this? they say because we cancelled before THE CRUISE WAS SUSPENDED…..

And now this not known if we are able to sail on the 25th or not is very frustrating .

we also paid $100 to the Bermuda authorities which is not refundable , to enter their country from the cruise ..which NCL send us to fill out.

Yes NCL IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY TO DEAL WITH.

• Like 1

• Cruise Hive changed the title to Norwegian Escape Cancellation experience