Norwegian Escape!!

You can’t cancel now for the April 16th sailing. If you do and the cruise occurs or doesn’t occur you could be in trouble getting a refund. It’s ridiculous that they don’t seem to have any idea when it will be fixed. I don’t want to go to Mexico again and I’m sure the Miami ship would be heavily booked. At least this time they gave greater than 2 days notice of cancellation. 

• Like 1

I too am booked on 4/16 Escape. This will be the 3rd cruise canceled by NCL for me. I asked about just rebooking now on the Joy- not thrilled to go to Mexico but I have grandchildren waiting for this cruise. UGH! Looks like they make the announcement to cancel on the Tuesday before the cruise. 

• Like 1

Don’t be fooled. This is obviously so that NCL can sail 4 ships instead of 5 to reduce costs. I was just on the 3/20 Encore. Original passengers were to be about 1500-1700. They added passengers from the canceled Escape which made our cruise overbooked and a nightmare for making reservations for dining and entertainment. 

• Like 1

We are also bringing our grandson and his friend who are obviously very excited to go. Before this incident with the Escape, I had heard they were only booking the ships half full due to covid and was pretty excited to hear that but now, like someone said, they are overbooking to get everyone on a cruise.  The worst part is we will not know until 4 days before the trip.  Very discouraging.  I had read somewhere that once they do get it repaired they will need massive inspections to be sure it is safe and sea worthy. The scary part is they are not explaining what the problem is exactly.  Is it parts they can't get, is it expert personnel they need to make the repairs?  I am still going to be optimistic and hope they still have 15 days to make this happen.  Ugh!!

We are booked on the 4/25 transatlantic cruise out of NYC....if canceled, it will be the 3rd year in a row that this particular crossing will not happen. Wish they were more forthcoming with information so we can make alternate plans if necessary, this not knowing is very disconcerting.😪 There will be no other cruise options available to us since this will be the last eastward NCL crossing this year.

• Like 1

We are booked for the 4/16th cruise.  When I contacted NCL they said they would be sending an email if cancelled.  I believe two weeks prior to sailing they already would know if it is going to happen or not.  A lot of people have to make arrangements for elderly care, children , pets etc.   I think it is very irresponsible of NCL to keep everyone waiting until the last minute. 

• Like 1

I just called Norwegian about my April 16th cruise. I have 2 teen boys. That were so excited. I asked them so you mean to tell me the 4000 I spent on airfare will not get refunded if you cancel this cruise. She said not unless she booked directly through Norwegian. This is such bullcrap. How dare they only give families a couple of days notice before they ruin their entire Spring break vacations. I will never go on Norwegian again after this

On 3/29/2022 at 12:37 PM, Sunnyday said:

I just heard Norwegian cancelled April 2 cruise which is week 4.  We are scheduled to leave on the Escape April 16th.  I was curious if anyone is

cancelling now or are you being optomistic this will still happen

You can't cancel now. They won't let you without losing all your money

10 hours ago, Silvia V said:

We are booked for the 4/16th cruise.  When I contacted NCL they said they would be sending an email if cancelled.  I believe two weeks prior to sailing they already would know if it is going to happen or not.  A lot of people have to make arrangements for elderly care, children , pets etc.   I think it is very irresponsible of NCL to keep everyone waiting until the last minute. 

This is horrible of them...i already cancelled my flights...i spent 4k...and delta was nice enough to allow me to do so