Cruise Hive Boards

Cruising with service dog

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My post didn't show up so if it does, pardon the repeat. I just cruised with my standard poodle on Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line. The cons: she did not care for the little patch of fake grass on the crew deck. And she ignored the potty pads I brought for the bathroom. She held it until the next day when we got off in the Bahamas, bless her heart. Pros: The crew adored her and anyone that came in contact with her asked to have their picture taken with her, and they would send it home right then to their families ! We did allow petting by polite kids that asked, they were very respectful. And we got in a little P.R. about service dogs !! We did take a "dog sheet" for the snow white linens on the bed, just in case her feet got dirty. The Bahamas requires extensive paperwork so if anyone needs to know, I can educate you. The wind on the top deck frightened her, it was really strong. The funnest thing was taking her to the dining room..after we ate she would come out from under the table and people's mouths would open, lol, those of you with service dogs know exactly what I mean !!!  We are going to do it again in a couple months.

Port Remi.jpg