Portside testing for Radiance sailings

I just sailed on the radiance February 14th.  I received the email for registering for the test at the port. Unfortunately, the date of sailing was not available to schedule a test, and other test dates were charging $100 for the test and a $10 fee to Carnival on your sale and sign card.   When I contacted carnival's customer service department, I was told that they had no knowledge of these portside tests and that I would need to take the test  prior to boarding at a local testing center.  Since I had sailed on a celebrity cruise last month and taken one of the test at CVS, I learned that the timing did not work. They have 1 to 2 days to respond after the date that you take the test which puts you at 72 hours.  This time, I ended up taking a rapid test for a $129 in order to be in compliance with the cruise ship requirements. I now see why these ships are sailing at less than 50% capacity. It appears it is too difficult for many to meet the requirements.

Edited by Jon B
Misspelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello i will be on carnival radiance on march 11th, and I'm having the same issue for the $10 covid test, did you register on doc go? Or is it go doc? I was on the hold with carnival for hours and no one could help me? Said they never heard of it, any help would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...